Goodbye

Age 16

Today was Max's last day at the orphanage. He was going to be adopted by a loving family, Jessica and Robert Throne. He was really nervous about everything. Do they really want Max? Would he have to go to a public school? What is going to happen to him? But what he was most nervous about was about Nico.

Max was on his way to tell Nico the news. Tears started falling down his face; he is going to miss Nico so much. Max knew that his new home was not close to the woods. Maybe he could walk to the woods every day.

While Max was walking (not paying attention to where he was going). He was suddenly lifted off the ground. He yelped, not expecting to be lifted.

"What's wrong?!" Nico was anxious; Max never cries.

The giant placed Max in the middle of his palm. Nico used his thumb to wipe away the tears on the troubled human's face.

"Good news and bad news." Max started. "The g-good news is that I will be a-adopted."

"Oh my god, I'm so happy for you!" Nico exclaimed.

Nico's face was so bright. Fuck, I'm going to miss him so god damn much, Max thought to himself; He started crying harder.

"B-bad news is that I might n-not be able to see you as m-much..." Max mustered.

"Oh, okay, well, how often?" The giant asked.

Max was hesitant to answer that question.

"I-I don't know..." Max finally muttered.

Max looked down, couldn't bring himself to face the look of disappointment from his best friend.

Nico used his finger and lifted Max's chin to look at him.

"Maximus, you will be fine without me. Promise you won't be sad about me, and promise me that you will forget me."

Max was upset that Nico would want him to forget about his best friend.

"Nicolas, I will never forget you, and I will always be with you, even if I'm not currently with you, and if you need help, I will be there."

Nico gave Max a sad smile.

"Thank you," Nico said as he lifted Max to his mouth.

Max once again felt warm giant lips on his entire face. This time Max was as red as a tomato. The giant removed Max from his lips to say his goodbyes.

"Bye, Max," Nico said with a smile, but Max knew he was distressed.

The giant lowered his hands for Max to walk off.

"B-bye, Nico..." Max stepped off of Nico's hands.

Max walked away balling; his entire face was wet from tears. The human didn't notice that the giant was curled up in a ball sobbing.

(The photo above is what Max looks like)