Best Friends (part 8)

@ashcarter

@ashcarter

Tour bus time means time to talk

@jonahmarais so cryptic lol
@seaveydaniel tour bus buddies :)
@jackaverymusic hey im here too!
@imzachherron nah imma nap sorry
@tatedoll talking about how you stabbed me in the back?
@ashcarter I didn't?? Tate text me
@corbynbesson I'm going to the store. Need anything??
@jonahmarais I'm going with Corbyn

The two of them together?? Yikes.

~~

Corbyn's POV:

Jonah and I walk through Walmart together quietly. I want to be mad at him for kissing Ashlyn but I can't really blame him. I mean it's Ashlyn. It took me way too long to realize I'm in love with her but I am.

"So I hear you and Ashlyn kissed," I say after a while.

Jonah runs his hand through his hair. "Yeah we did. I hear you told her you love her last night."

I grab a bag of BBQ chips, knowing Ashlyn will want some later. "Yeah she told me this morning that I said that. It's true though. I didn't fully understand my feelings for her until last night when she ran into my arms after performing. Seeing her that excited and happy was the best feeling. I want her to be happy like that all the time. I always have. I dated Christina for three years. Three years I could have spent with Ashlyn."

"I know it's different when you've been friends with her for so long, but I could tell from day one when we first met that you were in love with Ashlyn. And now after meeting her and spending time with her, I know why," Jonah mumbles.

"Tate seemed pretty pissed in the comments last night and this morning. I think she knows something is up," I reply as we make our way to the check out.

Jonah sighs. "I know. She's been blowing up my phone. What am I supposed to say? Hey, I'm upset that you keep messing with my head and I kissed your best friend? That won't go over well."

I shrug slightly. "I think you have to be honest with her though dude. I mean look, I may have had my worries about her in the past, but Ashlyn isn't friends with people who aren't kind-hearted and loving. Maybe Tate doesn't realize how bad it hurts you when she gets cold feet. Explain that to her. No one says you have to tell her about kissing Ashlyn."

Jonah looks over at me. "So you're not mad at me for making a move even though you told me not to?"

I shake my head. "As much as I thought I would be, I get it."

"You know, for what it's worth I think you and Ashlyn could be so good for each other. You already know everything about her and her past and you know how to love her and take care of her," he comments.

I smile a bit. "I just hope she sees that. She said she needed time to think."

Jonah smiles. "She knows how amazing you are Corbyn."