Dive In

Paimon waits quietly eating in the bedroom of their room. It has only been four days since Paimon and the traveler met. That is why she knew to give her companion some space in the morning. Without fail every morning so far the traveler sits by herself and remembers her brother. The nonchalant and occasionally sassy aura she carries is replaced with a somber one. Then the day begins and they set out.

"Ready to go?" Lumine chirps upon entering the room.

"Paimon saved you some." Paimon clamours while whisking out her plate. "Paimon is just nice like that."

Lumine usually ate an apple or two to start her morning. Joining the adventurer's guild kept her busy so she ate lighter when departing for a mission. Knowing that, Paimon cut the fisherman's toast in half for her to eat.

"Thanks." She barely gets out before taking a bite.

The room they are sharing is at the knights of favonius's headquarters. Being a hotshot knight came with plenty of perks. Lumine holds her breakfast in her mouth as she locks the door behind them. Paimon floats in circles to keep herself occupied. The red carpet and tapestries gave the hallway a regal look. Most of the building is made from stone which gives a cool vibe literally and aesthetically. Paimon and Lumine engage in light comical squabble down the hallway.

"We'll grab the commissions for today and then-" Lumine starts to recount their agenda for the day.

The traveler's eyes go wide as she hesitates. Turning the corner she almost bumps into a fellow knight. Her fingertips hover a centimeter over the other's chest. A centimeter from brushing against their skin. Diverting her attention to the owner's face wasn't helpful either. The expression she sees is more inviting and taunting than her bashful one.

"Huh?" Paimon wonders aloud before turning the corner too. "Oh, Kaeya!"

Lumine steps away from him at the sound of Paimon's voice. Kaeya, captain of the cavalry, doesn't seem to notice the movement. His full attention goes to the floating friend.

"You look rather adorable today, going anywhere special?" Kaeya schmoozes.

"But Paimon always looks adorable." Paimon proclaims. "Does daily commissions make Paimon look different?" She directs the question to Lumine.

The knight answers her non-verbally with a head shake. Paimon takes on a thinking pose as she considers Kaeya's words more. Meanwhile Lumine shakes off the jitters from earlier since he doesn't seem to mind. Kaeya observes the blonde again.

"Oh the guild." He seems to state dismissively. "When do you plan to return?"

"Paimon doesn't know." Paimon answers.

Albeit amused now, Kaeya still only watches Lumine for her answer. If they were assigned other quests then he was certain Paimon would have forgotten them. Things that didn't affect Paimon didn't seem to register much with her. To answer him she gave a slight shrug. That would change his plans then. Nothing more could be said so they went their separate ways.

"Seize the day." Kaeya encourages.

Reaching the bottom of the staircase Lumine and Paimon witness friendly expressions. The lobby of the headquarters has four doors and four guards. The left side of the building is Jean's stress lair. Honestly Paimon and Lumine haven't gotten to explore the right side of the building yet, but Lisa goes there often. Currently Lisa and Amber stand at the door leading out.

"Hi darling," Lisa yawns after greeting her. "I still have work to get done. Come see me later and maybe you'll get a reward." She finishes winsomely while sauntering off.