Ch2 Bradford Night Out P2

Before we could talk much more, the lady in charge of karaoke spoke through the microphone. "Anyone who wants to sing come up and Alex said it was someone's birthday today, so..." She looked at me and my eyes widened slightly. I wasn't drunk enough, but I was a little tipsy. Why not?

"It's your birthday?" Liam questioned, the first time speaking to me. I nodded, with a small smile. "I'm going up, don't judge me."

He warned them all and Niall laughed, "Well, as long as you don't sing the Barbie song..." The Irish men trailed off and I laughed lightly, shaking my head in disbelief. "That sounds like something you would do, Niall" I responded, smiling at the surprised look on his face.

I knew I had just given away that I knew who they were, I wondered if they'd still talk to me.

"Hey lovely. Which song are you choosing?"

Zayn smiled, "An old classic. Mr Bright side." I replied easily. Dani nodded with a matching smile.

"The floor is all yours." She spoke, winking.

The music started to play and I couldn't help but get lost in the music, grinning while he did, looking comfortable standing there singing to a few more people than there had been previously.

"Coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss

Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke
And she's taking a drag
Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head

But she's touching his chest now
He takes off her dress now
Let me go
And I just can't look, it's killing me
And taking control
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
'Cause I'm Mr. Brightside"

I finished and there was a loud applause from the one direction lads, I shook my head as everyone else was just chatting and dancing, ignoring the karaoke. Which was perfect, for me anyway. Dani gave me a drink pass and I asked for the same again.

"That was good, Zayn. You sure you're not a professional?" Alex asked and I laughed, feeling good, shaking my head. "I'm sure."

Once I sat down at my original table, I finally looked at Louis, Niall, Harry and Liam. They all seemed to have a very surprised expression. I smirked at them, "Was I that bad?" I joked.

That got Niall laughing, and he shook his head. "You're good. Really good." Niall complimented. I smiled a little shyly, hearing that from a member of One Direction... Well.

Harry spoke up. "I may have recorded you live on Instagram." I coughed on my drink for second time tonight. "You did what?" I didn't know what to think. The amount of followers Harry has is a lot. A whole lot.

He looked apologetic. "I didn't realise I had set it on live." Harry said and I frowned in confusion and I had still had no idea what to do. Or say. I think that must have shown.

"If anything it's a good thing." Louis spoke, drinking a second pint of beer. "A lot of famous people follow Harry."

I groaned. And the song I chose to sing was Mr brightside? Great first impression, Zayn. Great.

I felt a hand on my thigh and blinked, looking to my left, I saw it was Liam, looking at me with a supportive smile. I could stare at him all day, those eyes... "Don't be embarrassed, Zayn." My breath hitched, just hearing him say my name. Wow.

I manage to get my words out, not taking my eyes away from Liam and he was doing the same. "If that goes viral, I'll be known as 'the Bradford guy who sang Mr Brightside in the same pub as One Direction. My life's dream..." I ended a bit sarcastic, amusement in my eyes. Drinking about half the bottle, I was starting to let loose. The effects of alcohol kicking in.

"It's many of our fans dreams, don't mock it." Louis defended though I could tell he was joking around too.

I tried not to think of Liam's hand, that was still on my thigh.

"Tell you what, why don't you and Liam sing together?" Louis questioned as an after thought and my eyes widened considerably. What the... I turned my head to see Liam who had the same look on his face, looking at each other at the same time, I shrugged, and he smiled slightly.

"Sure, why not? Zayn, any requests?"

"Not Taylor Swift?" Zayn questioned, not believing they were actually doing this. Liam got up and requested a song to Dani and I was shell shocked for a moment. I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was Niall's.

"Hey mate, you're going to be fine. Don't mess up, Harry's going to not accidentally record you on Instagram again." Niall laughed and I chuckled lightly, biting my lip nervously. Nodding to him, but also to myself.

"It was an accident!" Harry defended himself and Louis grinned a smile only Harry would receive, and I smiled softly at the two, "He knows, love." Harry pouted childishly and Louis rolled his eyes playfully.

They both paused for a moment and eyes widened, turning to me. Seeing me smiling softly, I stopped, "I'm not going to say anything." I said immediately.

"You know? What the fans and... Modest?" Louis questioned seriously and I nodded. "I followed you guys and anything that came out about you lot." I didn't want to say why. That I almost auditioned that same year. That... What if...  "With watching the show, I mean. I'm not like a fan or anything." I added trying to deny it. "But love is love." I stopped embarrassing myself by drinking more champagne.

"Love is love?" Harry questioned in deep thought. I nodded. "Don't let anyone control who you love." I told him, I don't know why. I just, he is so young. Two years younger than me. I... I don't know why I said it. Like I had to. It was right, for some reason.

"Next up, Love Story by Taylor Swift."

"Zayn don't leave me hanging." I heard through the mic and I grinned "I thought I said no to Taylor Swift?" Rolling my eyes as Liam stuck his tongue out at me. Before I got up to sing again, Harry spoke.

"Thank you, Zayn. I needed to hear that." He spoke and I nodded. "Anytime, H." I responded.

During the song, I couldn't take my eyes off Liam. I tried hard not to stare, and make it look like an act and all that. But it was really testing me. I just didn't want Liam to get into trouble. Then at one point, we both started mockingly dancing and Niall, Harry and Louis joined in and it was great fun, I haven't smiled so much in ages.

Once we finished, I stumbled a little off the stage and asked for a vodka coke and Alex laughed at me, "Getting to the vodka now, eh? Are you sure you're not with those lads? You look like you fit right in." I shook my head and Niall wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"He does fit in. It's scary. Could I have another beer?" Niall questioned and I raised an eyebrow, "Are you sure you're okay with that, Niall?" I asked in concern. 

"Yeah, bro. All good." Niall replied carrying the beer to their table while I carried my drink. I sat closer to Liam this time who smiled proudly at me. "You were good, Zayn. It felt like I've known you for ages." Liam spoke, hand back on my thigh. I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling so much.