A Sinister Situation

(Spiderman Fanfic)

Disclaimer - I dont own this fanfic (more info at the bottom)

Warning : contains slight violence and talk of murder/death

SUMMARY: Spider-Man is caught in the clutches of his worst nemeses. A deadly predicament turns into a fun little game, which turns out not so fun for the web-slinging hero.

This is bad. Really bad.

Spider-Man ducked to avoid a swinging tentacle, leapt to dodge a bolt of electricity, and flung himself behind a cabinet as an energy blast splintered the metal into crumbs. His heart hammered against his ribs. Blood dripped down the side of his face.

There's too many of them. I'm too weak.

"Come out, Spider-Man!" Shocker laughed. "If you give up, we promise to kill you quickly! You won't feel a thing!"

Flashes of light and waves of heat washed over the trembling hero. This was insane. All he'd been doing was tracking a lead on Shocker's lousy posse, the Enforcers. It was meant to be a laid-back, low-key endeavor. Never had he anticipated accidentally stumbling upon the Sinister Six's secret base. Thankfully, only three members of the gang had been home. Not-so-thankfully, Peter was just getting over a wicked case of the flu.

He didn't feel sick anymore, but was still pretty fatigued and frail from the battle. Nowhere near ready to be fighting three of his most powerful enemies at once.

Gritting his teeth, Peter frantically adjusted the settings on his web-shooter, then darted into the open.

"Taser web!" he cried, firing a line from his wrist. The webbing hit Shocker's right gauntlet, sending sparks flying from the weapon and a jolt through his body. He screeched, crashing into Electro, who only shocked him more. The pair collapsed into an electrified heap on the floor. Peter would've taken time to celebrate, were he not immediately met with a metal arm slamming into his chest.

Spider-Man flew across the room and crashed into a table of devices, gasping from the impact. Hardly a second later, the arm grabbed him by the ankle and launched him into a concrete wall. The hit rattled him to his core. He slid to the floor like a dead bug on a windshield, moaning in pain, delirious.

Octavius lifted the limp hero up and pinned him against the wall with all four of his mechanical limbs. Peter grimaced, struggling weakly against his hold.

"Oh, you are so in for it now," Shocker spat. His gauntlets were blackened in places and his eyes were wild with rage. He marched up to Spider-Man, ripping the webbing off his fist.

"What should we do? Fry him? Let me fry him to a crisp!" Electro gathered a ball of electricity between his fingers, grinning from ear to ear.

"No," Shocker hissed. "I'm the one who gets to do it. I'm killing him." He flexed his hands at his sides eagerly, ominously. "And since you didn't give in nicely like I asked, I'm gonna make it slow. Real slow."

Peter's blood was ice. He couldn't think. He couldn't get away.

"Use you gauntlets," Doc Oc suggested. "Turn his insides into smoothie."

Shocker smiled. "What a wonderful idea, Otto. With pleasure."

This is it, Peter realized.

Shocker powered up his gauntlets and stepped forward.

I'm about to die.

He wrapped his hands around his ribcage. Peter knew how destructive the gauntlets could be from a distance; at this range, his body would shatter from the inside-out, mangled in seconds.