two. earth skills

That night we all slept in the dropship, either on the floor or on makeshift hammocks. I hardly slept that night, too worried about the group heading to Mount Weather, as well as wondering about my family on the Ark. I knew my father had to have known about the plan, but did he bother to tell my mother?

I pushed through the sheet covering the dropship door, heading outside. Just a few feet away, I watched as Atom reached for the clothes in Wells' hands.

"There's always a market for-"

Wells yanked himself away from Atom. "We share based on need, just like back home."

I felt myself being shoved to the side as Bellamy exited the dropship, his chest bare as a girl followed close behind. "You still don't get it, do you, Chancellor?" I watched as Bellamy kissed the girl, her happily marching away.

Gross.

"This is home now. Your father's rules no longer apply." Bellamy continued, heading over to Wells and grabbing a shirt. Wells attempted to grab the shirt back, Atom pushing him away.

"Atom, hold up," Bellamy responded, looking in Wells' direction. "You want it back? Take it."

Wells stared Bellamy down for a few moments before tossing the rest of the clothes on the ground. A nearby group of delinquents ran over, sifting through the pile.

"Is this what you want? Chaos?" Wells asked.

Bellamy smirked. "What's wrong with a little chaos?"

"A little chaos goes a long way with a bunch of criminals," I responded, knocking into Bellamy's shoulder as I walked past him.

Just as I reached Wells, the sound of yelps filled the air. We all exchanged glances before running off in the direction it was coming from.

"Bellamy, check it out," Murphy spoke, holding a girl's head over a fire. "We want the Ark to think the ground is killing us, right? I figured it would look better if we suffered a little first."

"Let her go!" Wells rushed over, shoving Murphy to the ground. He looked to Bellamy, shaking his head. "You can stop this."

"Stop this? I'm just getting started."

With that, Murphy swung at Wells, clocking him in the cheek. As Wells fell back slightly, Murphy continued to beat on him while others cheered him on.

"Stop it!" I screamed, though Bellamy grabbed my arm before I could place myself in the middle of the two boys.

Wells backed away, limping slightly. "Don't you see you can't control this?" He asked, looking at Bellamy.

"You're dead." Murphy declared, pulling out a knife.

"Wait," Bellamy spoke, letting go of my arm. He reached into the pocket of his pants, pulling out a knife and tossing it on the ground in front of Wells. "Fair fight."

I looked at Bellamy, stunned.

Wells stared at Murphy for a moment before looking down at the knife. He finally knelt down, picking up the knife before rising to his feet again. Murphy was the first to swing, Wells swinging back. Eventually, Murphy sliced Wells' arm.

"This is for my father!" Murphy called out, going to swing again.

Wells dodged the swing, grabbing Murphy and putting him in a headlock. "Drop it! Drop it!"

"Wells! Let him go."

I looked over, watching Clarke make her way down the hill, Finn following close behind. Wells did as she said, Murphy quickly charging back at him.