Chapter 16

I pulled up body apart from Harry, looking dead in his eyes.

"You what?" I queried.

He used one of his arms to push my head back into his shoulder, the other's grip tightening around my waist. I laid against him, wanting nothing more in this moment.

"I love you, Draco Malfoy," he whispered into my ear. I hugged him tighter as a way to let him know I felt the same, but without using my words. Even if only minutes earlier I was confessing my own love, among other things.

After a few minutes more, I remembered. I used my, now stronger arms, to push away. Harry resisted at first, but eventually let me out of his strong grip. "What about Theo?"

Harry sighed. "I ended things with him. Sure it was fun while it lasted, but I can't be in a relationship with someone when I am in love with someone else. And he wasn't even that sad about it anyways. Pretty sure he's in the Ravenclaw dormitories, as we speak, banging some Ravenclaw dude." I could see that Harry, as nonchalant as he seemed, was sad about breaking up with his first boyfriend. I pulled him back into our hug, silently comforting him.

"Harry," I finally spoke. "I'm sorry, for all of those things I said to you. I didn't mean any of them. I was just upset. And I though if I'd say how much I hate you enough times, I would really believe it. But it didn't work. I could never hate you."

"I know, Dray. And I'm sorry I ran off. I should've been with you this whole time. You're the one I wanted, ever since the start. It's always been you, Malfoy, always. But I was scared of ruining our fragile new friendship, so I compressed my feelings until I was sure they weren't there. But mine tactics didn't work either. My heart would still pound when I saw you. My stomach would still do flips when I talked to you. My hands would still get sweaty when I noticed a text from you. But then I had a boyfriend. He was nice, and all, but I still couldn't stop thinking about you. It didn't feel right. Hugging Theo didn't feel like I feel now. Being with Theo never brought me as much joy as being with you did. I love you so much, Draco. You're my favorite person on this earth, and the one I want to be with." His words were quiet.

I pulled back once again, but not all the way. Just enough so I could look into Harry's gorgeous eyes. "You're the one I want to be with too, Harry. I love you, too."

Before I could even say anything else, I was being kissed. The shorter boy pushed his face into mine, connecting our lips without a single word. I kissed back, gently, never wanting out of this moment.