One

My name is Layla although you can forget that. I'm basically a nobody. Well that was until I met him. Suddenly I was worth remembering. Some days that's still odd. How did this happen and who am I? Let's get to that shall we.

So like I've said before... my name is Layla. I'm 19 and a human.... who doesn't like the sun, doesn't like it to sweat and chewing is stupid. I prefer darkness and my skin is, not that surprising, pale. My hair is pale as well. It's white to be exact. My mother should've called me Luna instead. Vampires are sitting on the throne in my world. People sometimes mistake me as one of them. Dang how I wish that was the truth. My life would've been more fun if I had been one... I used to have parents but not anymore. Pneumonia. They've passed away when I was 16. I had caught it as well but managed to survive it somehow. I was close to my mother but not that close to my father. I wasn't similar to him in any way. Not by looks, not by personality. He even treated me like I wasn't his daughter. Sometimes I wonder if I even was. I don't think I'll ever get that answer. It's fine. I've moved on. I got my own place although it's really small but it will do for now. It has to. I used to have a job. I was a blood lady. That's someone who gives her blood willingly to a vampire. Usually vampires get blood from blood bags but some prefer to get it really fresh. It pays pretty well. Or it did until that night that I got drunk. Now I have something else to worry about...