Chapter IX

Disclaimer: Please do not hate on this story for this is only a fan fiction and none of this is canon(except in my heart). <3

Lesley's POV,

I ran.

Through the extensive and dark corridors of the opera, I needed to see who the performer was. The faint music of the piano played as I paced around.

I stopped and revealed myself from my camouflage and hid behind a prop. There was tight security and I wasn't sure if I could get across. Oh screw it, I've had more intense missions than this.

If they found me snooping near the backstage, this would be reported straight to the Moniyan Empire.

I sighed once more and turned on my camouflage and snuck through the door. Hah, idiots.

My high-heels barely made any sound on the velvet carpet flooring. I walked around, looking at the frantic workers shouting and screaming at one another.

I made my way until I reached the back of a curtain. The curtain that separated me and the performer. I just needed to see if he was Gusion Paxley.

Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder.

She wore a violet cocktail dress with a matching belt.

"Hey aren't you Lesley?" She grinned while raising an eyebrow.

I stiffened. That voice, that tone, her demeanor, it was Guinevere Baroque. I've heard of her and Gusion's forced engagement before.

"Yes, I am."

"So," She continued, still with a forced smile, "What are you doing backstage? You do know my boyfriend, Moonlight Sonata? He's performing on stage-

"He what?!-

She then laughed hysterically.

"Calm down!" She chuckled, "I was only joking."

This time her smile was genuine.

"Ugh, the Paxley and Baroque families wanted to engage us together so it would strengthen their nobility." She grumbled while rolling her eyes.

"So I hear."

"I've heard about you and the Vance and how you-

She hesitated, her gold bracelets clanging together.

"Maybe I should stop talking." She continued, sheepishly.

I nodded absentmindedly.

"So is Moonlight Sonata," I began, "Is he really...Gusion?"

"Yeah-

Relief washed over me as this confirms he didn't died. I was worrying for nothing, I felt ecstatic. I'd finally be able to talk to him again. I've suffered long enough to see the daylight of this moment. Just a few more minutes until I'd encounter him with no more interruptions.

-I was at the palace to deliver a message to you from him." She continued.

"Well what's the message?!" I demanded, grabbing her shoulders. He had a message?! Why didn't she deliver it?! I would have stopped mourning about him if someone confirmed he was alive!

"About that," She winced, "I don't have it on me right now, it's sort of at my house."

"Your house? Didn't you run away from the Baroque manor?"

"It's at Swan Castle."

"You live there now?"

"Only temporarily, with Princess Odette, my brother, and Gusion."

"What-

"It's not what you think god dammit!"

We stayed in silence for a couple more seconds, the faint symphony of a piano playing in the background. I fidgeted with a strand of my hair.

"When is the concert over?" I asked slightly.

"Not sure." She shrugged.

We both faced the velvet curtain in silence. Listening to the tune of the piano in jubilation. I wanted time to fly quicker, I needed to talk to Gusion. And soon I found myself humming to the classical masterpiece performed effortlessly by Moonlight Sonata himself.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Kimmy's POV,

"Lesley's been gone awhile now." I whispered to Fanny who took a piece of my popcorn just now. Bitch.

"Why you think something happened?" She replied back leaning close to me so no one else would hear.

"Well yeah," I dumbfounded, "Why else would I mention it?"

"Should we look for her? I only brought a hunting knife for protection though." She stated, lifting up the yellow dress to her thighs and revealing a leather sheath with the hilt of the blade.

"You actually keep spare weapons?!" I questioned, gesturing to the compartment storing the knife.

"Yeah well at least I didn't bring popcorn!" She whispered shouted.

"You ate some of it yourself!"

"Fair point."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Lesley's POV,

Gusion's part of the entire concert was finally over, meaning a brief intermission for all of us. I hope Fanny and Kimmy aren't worried about me and I hope they don't do anything stupid.

Someone swept open the curtain and there I saw those icy blue eyes again. The same gorgeous features on his perfect face.

"Gusion..." I breathed, smiling for once.

"Lesley." He replied, running up to me and hugging my torso. I put my arms around his back, that same scent brought back memories from before.

"You came for me." He whispered in my ear, "I knew you'd see through my disguise."

His warm breaths felt euphoric on my cold demeanor.

"You have no idea how many days I've spent wondering about you! I thought you died after our last encounter!"

I hugged him tighter.

He was finally back and this time, I wasn't letting him go.

⚜️⚜️⚜️