🌻15🌻

Hailey

Following the conversation I had with Shawn, I flew back to Bali to grab the things I left there and figure out what my next step will be. I don't want to go back home yet, because I know my parents will pressure me to go back to school, and I don't think I want to. I arrived here a couple of days ago, and I haven't done much. Shawn said he would meet me here in a week or so, once he would be done with the things he had to sort out back in Los Angeles, so I'm pretty much just waiting for him to get here. Jack is back home with Madison, but they are supposed to come here for a couple of days. Actually, they should be here any minute now, so I decided to cook dinner for them once they get here. Just as I take the lasagna I made out of the oven, I hear them come in.

- Hey Hails, we're here! I recognize Jack's voice.

- Hi! I say, walking towards them.

I tightly hug Jack before doing the same to Madison. Turns out it's a pretty awkward hug. I break the silence by asking:

- How was the flight?

- It was great, we slept almost the entire time, answers Jack. Smells good, he adds.

- Yeah, I figured you guys would be hungry so I made dinner.

- Thanks Hails, that's so nice of you! Jack answers happily.

- Yeah, thanks, Madison adds coldly.

I decide to ignore her attitude towards me and to blame it on the jet lag, and walk to the kitchen to bring the food on the table. I put a plate in front of Jack, another in front of Madison, and a third one at my seat.

- Bon appétit, Jack says in a terrible French accent.

- Thanks, you too, I answer.

We both start eating, not noticing Madison staring at her plate with disgust.

- That doesn't look like vegan cheese, she says with disbelief.

- I'm sorry? I ask

- Oh shit, I'm sorry, I forgot, Jack says.

- Yeah, see, I don't hurt animals, Madison answers coldly, looking at me.

- I'm so sorry, I feel terrible, I didn't know. I answer.

Jet lag or not, she definitely could've found a nicer way to say it.

- How could you not know? I post about it on Twitter. It's not difficult to just do some research on your guests when you cook for them, especially when they are famous.

- I'm sorry, I don't have Twitter, I answer, before adding, and technically, I am Jack's guest, not the other way around.

She stares at me for a couple of seconds before answering:

- Oh really? You don't have Twitter? Well that explains why you're in such a great mood. I was expecting we'd find you crying on the floor when we got here. I guess that explains why Shawn only posted there. Anyways, I'm out of here, have a fantastic night.

She gets up and leaves the table. I turn to look at Jack and ask:

- What did she mean?

Before he has time to answer, we hear Madison asking from the hallway:

- Jack, are you coming or what?

- I'm so sorry Hails, he says before getting up and leaving as well.