Then: Before we met

" Alice sweetie, its time to wake up and go to school." Mom whispered in my ear and she kissed me on my cheek. I wake up with my hair in my face. I do my regular everyday routine, get up go straight to the bathroom brush my teeth, wash my face and then fix my hair. After thst i pick out my outfit. Today I think im gonna do jeans with my button up and a sweater. The usual. I go downstair and my mom is cooking waffles, her famous waffles might I add. She adds a secret ingredient that she still wont tell me to this day. My dad. My dad is dead. He was dilsional, he always said "there are monsters, trying to kill me", so before the monsters got him, he killed himself. I was 10 when it happened, but I knew there werent monstes\rs under my bed or monster trying to get me. After my dad died I kinda was forced to mature, behter for mom becuase she depressed. She never left her room or talked to her friends but slowly but surely, we made it, now shes the same again. The same mom before the incident.

BEEP!

Thats Amy. My best friend, she's honking her horn outside my house, so thats the signal that its time to get my butt into her car. I dotn have a car, my mom is still struggling to put food on the table and keep our house. She doing a prety good job too. "Bye Ma" I kiss her on the cheek and head towars the door. I run down the stairs and run into Amy's car.

"Why the fuck are you taking so damn long" Amy yelled.

"Stop cursing you know i hate when you do that" Then Amy just... smirked. She knows all my pet peivees and my secrets and I know hers. I've known Amy since birth, she knew my dad to, she was there every step of the way at the funeral, through my moms depression. Without Amy.....I dont even want to think about it.

" Soo goody goody you ready for your birthday" Amy said with that same smirk on her face. And yes im the goody goody of our friendship. Amy goes to parties ocassionaly, she tells me all these stories but i bet they didnt even happen. Knowing Amy she would be sta din ginthe corner, but being the good friend I am I give Amy the benefit of the doubt and believe her crazy stories.

"Yea, I guess. It's not like im doing anything. OOO maybe some netflix." When I replied, AMy just sighed. I know exactly what she thinking, I'm turning 18 i should be going to a party, I should be embracing my high school years and not just living them inside my room imagining how my high school life should be. She always says " Alice make your fantasy a reality, I know you can do it' But maybe Amy isnt thinking that this time. "What" I say defensivley. "you don't like my birthday plans"

"You know I don't" Amy said, she looks defeated, maybe i should just go to this one party. What would the harm be, I mean im going to be 18, I only ge t ONE 18th birthday.

"I give up, Amy, I'll go to a party" I sighed. Amy screams. I don't think I've ever heard her scream so loud.

"I have your outfit planned already, you can wear one of my dresses,and I'll do your hair and make-up, we about to be lit" I laughed, Amy is so excited, she hasnt been to a p arty with me yet. Maybe I'll have too much to drink and then have sex with a super hot boy who is a secret drug dealer who gets me in jail!

Ha. Nah.