Part 2

- YEAR 2020 -

"Hey Sungshin-ssi!", Aeri waved happily with a big smile across her face. A tall girl dressed all black in her signature long trench coat turned her head around to the direction of Aeri's voice. Aeri was dressed in a simple white button-up t-shirt along with black jeans, yet she still able to pull off a trendy look.

"Finally the class is over. Yes! I'm so tired and feel like dying. Do you know how much I tried to stop myself from yawning when every single time I almost let out a yawn, Mdm Hong looked at me?", Aeri sighed.

"I know. It's been a hell ride of roller coaster this whole week. Glad that tomorrow is Saturday.", Sungshin said as a knowing smile started to spread across her face.

Aeri looked at Sungshin and flashed a somewhat devilish grin while wriggling her eyebrows. They both suddenly burst out laughing which by accident surprised a passer-by. "The schedule for tomorrow is to sleep till 1 pm, eat, sleep again, then by 4 pm we go for a shopping spree, eat then sleep again and again.", Sungshin stated. "Wow, I'm impressed by how fun tomorrow will be."

"Hey, both of you!"

"Lee Sung Shin, Park Ae Ri! Hurry, come here! We're dying of hunger over here."

They both started to walk towards the two other girls who called them out. Myungjin, a taller girl than Sungshin then shouted again while waving her hand. "Seriously, what took both of you so long? This is why short girls are known to be slow walkers. Hurry!-"

"Yah, Kim Myungjin. You are not even that tall than the three of us," The shortest one in the group, Jung Eunseo slapped Myungjin's arm lightly while showing her unsatisfied face. Myungjin only raised her brows until suddenly she felt a cold finger pushing her forehead roughly.

"Hey!"

"That's what you get from belittling us." Sungshin pulled her hand back with a wide smile as Aeri also raised her right hand up in the air, holding her fist very tightly. "Yah, you wanna fight?"

Myungjin pressed her lips into a thin line before awkwardly putting Aeri's hand down due to the embarrassment. "Alright, alright. I am 'really' sorry," she said while giving an ugly pout. Aeri sighed upon listening to how insincere the apology sounded. The four of them then proceed on their plan to go to the nearest cafe at the campus.

"I do not care if this is really random or what, but I do really think Myungjin was a traitor to this country in her past life, if not then, she was a wife to the traitor." Aeri looked at Myungjin while narrowing her eyes, starting to pick up a fight. It was indeed a daily routine for them to bicker over useless things.

" And you? I believe you were an entertainer back then! Wah, perhaps you were a singer that was surrounded by men!" Myungjin responded with a bitter expression as Eunseo drew a half-smile on her lips. "I think I was an ordinary person in my past life since I am the only one who is a normal person here."

Both Aeri and Myungjin immediately looked at Eunseo with the word 'disbelief' clearly stated on their foreheads. "No one asked you!" they said almost simultaneously and the three of them then fastened their pace. Sungshin, all alone at the back kept her lips sealed for the time being. For her, past life was not something that she can make fun of like everybody else. In fact, she hated it for some personal reasons.

"Past life, my foot- Ewww yucks!" Sungshin when she realized they were passing by a basketball court. There were groups of men here and there were enough to make the girl who was known for being overly anti-boys in the group felt disgusted. "Look at them being proud to be all sweaty sweaty and smelly!" She pretended to vomit before closing her nostrils with her fingers and tried to catch up with her other friends at the front when suddenly, a bright orange ball flew straight over her head.

"Aaack!"

Myungjin, Aeri, and Eunseo instantly turned around when they hear a familiar voice groaned in pain. They widened their eyes as big as those dinner plates when they saw their friend had already fallen onto the ground.

"Lee Sungshin!"

Sungshin remained frozen at the ground. There were a lot of things going on in her mind at the moment. Firstly, her head was hurt as hell, and secondly, she was too embarrassed to get up since she was the center of everyone's attention right now.  The girl came back to her sense as she saw a tall guy entering the crowds around her. Forgetting the pain in her head, she continued studying his face while showing a mixture of a dazed and puzzled look. It was as if she have known that face somewhere else before, or it was just her confusion due to the embarrassing moment just now.

'Cheon Hae Eun!'

Sungshin widened her eyes when she recalled a flashback, or nearly a nightmare she already had ever since she was a little kid back then. The mysterious yet familiar scenes once again being played in her mind as if they were parts from a movie.

"Yah, Sungshin? Are you okay?"  Eunseo waved her right hand before Sungshin's eyes along with a worried look as Myungjin helped her to sit properly on the ground. Aeri immediately looked at the guy and threw a hard slap on his forearm using her thick notebook. "You! You were the one who throws the ball right? Can you at least show some concerns and apologize?" She said in rage, ignoring other people who started to have interests in the accident. He kept quiet for a few seconds, before hesitatingly offering his right hand.

"....Are you alright?" Ryu Youngsoo lowly spoke, staring at the horribly bewildered girl. The man tilted his head out of the confusion when he saw Sungshin still looking at him as if she has met the most terrifying creature on the earth. His eyes turned to her lips in which they were now turning pale out of sudden. Of course, he started to feel even more worried than before. "Hey kid, are you alright or not?" he repeated his question as his hand slowly reached for her face, and by then, the girl immediately stood up by herself to avoid any contacts with him. 

"I am fine," Sungshin answered with a trembling voice, trying to make sense of the illogical things she recalled just now. Youngsoo calmly looked at her while pulling his rejected hand back, also questioning himself what did she actually saw in him to make her looking so baffled. His eyes widened when he saw a dark red liquid flowing out of her nostrils and even before he could say something about it, the other three girls screamed almost very panically.

"B-Blood!" Eunseo pointed at Sungshin's nose while Myungjin, who was usually calm at this kind of thing, busy searching for tissues in her backpack. "What- Bloo-" Sungshin gently touched the bottom of her nose and stared at her stained fingers, before turning to her friends, looking completely lost. All of them including Youngsoo waited for her response.

"Guys, am I going to die?" she said before collapsing back on the ground, causing chaos for everyone for the second time. 

---