~Hanahaki~

Hanahaki: A disease where the victim of unrequited or one-sided love begins to vomit or cough up the petals and flowers of a flowering plant growing in their lungs, which will eventually grow large enough to render breathing impossible if left. You can only stop it if the person returns their feelings or a surgical procedure that removes not only the disease but the love for that person. *This is a fictional disease or not~ 

.

.

.

"Why can't he be mine?" you thought as you walked down the hallway, you walked a few steps before stopping and coughing up blood with flower petals in it. "Only 3 more months left" you said as you as you looked at Oikawa talking happily with his fangirls. Your parents and brother tried to convince you to get the surgery but you refused.

.

.

 "I'd rather die loving him than live a life not!" you yelled at your brother Tobio. "But I don't want you leaving me!" You knew they'd be devastated but you couldn't give up your love. 

.

.

.

"One more week left" you muttered to yourself as you grabbed your things from your locker. "One more week left for what?" you heard a voice behind you, but before you turned around you coughed up more bloody flower petals. 

.

.

.

You didn't turn around but instead tried to hide the fact that you just coughed up blood. "You're coughing up blood!" you heard that person speak again, only to realize it was Oikawa talking to you. "No no no! He can't see me like this" you thought to yourself. You tried to run but his hand grabbed onto your wrist. "Wait!" you tried to turn around but he stopped you. 

.

.

"Do you. Um, have Hanahaki?" the last thing you needed was for Oikawa to know you were dying. You were happy with just watching him from a distance, every smile he gave to other people, and even just seeing him was enough. As much as it hurt, you had to push him away.

.

.

.

"Get away from me" every hurtful word you said to him was making your disease worse. "Why? You need to get surgery or you'll die!" you were shocked at how much he cared about you. "No, I would rather die loving that person than living not living him." Oikawa seemed shocked, not understanding why that person was so important.

.

.

.

 "But is that person worth giving your life over?" He seemed to care about you more and more with each and every word you say. You were still coughing up blood so you sat down in the nearest chair. "So what if he doesn't notice me? I bet he doesn't even know my name, even so-" tears started to come out. "Seeing him smile and talk to other people is more than enough for me!" your tears were now coming out non-stop and you're now coughing more than ever. "So you've only got one more week left?" you were shocked he remember what you said, but you couldn't bear to look into his eyes. You didn't answer but instead ran off. 

.

.

.

You were greeted by Tobio at the front door when you came home. You were still crying so he instantly knew something was wrong. "He found out, right?" you didn't want to admit that he was right, but you couldn't ignore him any longer. "Yeah, didn't know he'd care so much about m-" you coughed up more bloody flower petals as you take off your shoes in the front door.