Chapter 2

A/N: Well, hi! I am so sorry that it has been so long since I posted anything on this (six months!!) but I completely forgot that I had ever wrote it. But then one day, I saw that people had commented and that they liked and were looking forward to chapter two and I decided right there to continue even if hell tried to stop me.  So, I’m posting again. Updates won’t be regular, but they’ll probably be long. I won’t let another six month hiatus happen, I promise. Thank you for the reviews and reads and likes that this has had and thank you again to anyone who reads and likes and reviews this. Seriously, reviews are like someone has given you gold. I hope you like this chapter.

Warning: Description of violence against Blaine, but it’s a pretty important part of the story.

Regards,

Luna

 C/o Neville and Luna

Disclaimer: I don’t own Glee or Hunger Games...but I’m working on it.

The New Games: A Klaine Fanfic

Chapter 2

Training didn’t come easy to Kurt. They started early Tuesday morning. Kurt was woken up by a soft knocking on his bedroom door. He called out for whoever it was to come in, but no-one did.

   Kurt took a full body lycra suit from his wardrobe and put it on. This, he had been told the previous night, was his training suit. It is built to withstand fire, sharp objects, poison or anything else that may harm the contestant before entering the arena. Needless to say, they didn’t get one of these when the competition started. After he had finished getting dressed, Kurt walked out of his room, down the corridor, past the kitchen and into the living section. Blaine was already sitting on the red leather sofa with Tecca. Tecca was curled up, leaning onto Blaine as if he were her older brother. When Kurt walked into the room, Blaine’s unnaturally golden eyes focused on him immediately. There was no hatred. No confusion. But there was loyalty and friendship and that something in Blaine’s eyes that he couldn’t quite place. It reminded Kurt of the expression he had seen on Joshua’s face only two days beforehand.

Blaine, Tecca and Kurt, shortly followed by Imogen, were all wearing the same outfit.

“So, contestants,” Amabel said purposefully from the kitchen where she was pouring four drinks into four identical cups. “You all know where you’re going today?” The four children from District 7 nodded. “Good. Good.” To Kurt, Amabel’s statement of reassurance didn’t sound right. It sounded forced, like she had no confidence in what she was saying. After putting them on a tray, Amabel carried over the four drinks that she had been preparing. She told each of the contestants to take one.