vii. don't wait.

(  season four, episode eight

too far gone.  )

DAYS HAD PASSED since the group came back with the medicine and it all seemed to be finally at calm. the ill people were recovering (acording to hershel) even faster than expected, some of them even being able get up and walk, which was a huge progress.

on the other hand, the people that were not ill were also recovering but from their previous loses. some kids ended up orphans, some people widows, some people lost their kids. it had been a hard time for everyone and the peace was surely needed.

as claire and rick helped around along with the others, aris and carl ended being eachother roommates for longer than expected, due to the kids still being forced to be, not always in the abandoned part of the prision but together in the main cellblock.

aristoteles found carl to not be a complete asshole once he got over his rude manners, at least the two of them could hold a conversation without carl rolling his eyes more than twice (unless aris roasted captain america more than what he should).

"carl. carl." aris shook, who he now considered to be, his friend slightly, trying to wake him up.

"hmm?" carl hummed, sleepily running a hand through his face as he sat down, trying to adjust his eyes to the room's light.

"you should wake up, i'm going to see glenn and your dad asked me to wake you up before i go so," aris explained before climbing down of the bunk bed. "it's pretty late, get up, lazyass." he joked and carl threw himself at the bed again, closing his eyes before muttering. "sure."

"don't fall asleep again," he warned. "breakfast is ready."

"yeah... sure." his reply was the same as he was still sleepy. aris shook his head with a chuckle before walking out of the cell, heading up directly to where glenn's was, which was a few rooms away.

"knock, knock." he said playfully, knocking on the frame of the cell bars.

"aris," glenn turned his head around with a smile as layed on his bed. the blonde analized his face, looking at his marked eyebags and pale skin that was recently recovering its original warm color. this was the first time he saw glenn since the outbreak started, everyone had told him that staying away for a few days would be the best and those days had finally passed.