The Squad

It was 5 AM in the morning but her eyes still refused to shut down. That was an extraordinary situation, considering her habit to fall asleep as soon as she lie down. Her mind couldn't resist an image of certain someone she missed so much.

She has always been an independent woman. Never a clingy one. She loved to have company. But never mind about being alone. Until he came.

Lee Min Ho was her sunbae. He was the one she looked up to. He was her Kim Tan, the one she had crush on her 20s. He was someone who seemed so out of reach for her. He was too perfect to dream of.

It never crossed her mind even in a bit, that her drama project with him would lead her to break down all the wall she always build around her.

It was him.

The only man who tirelessly convincing her to be brave. To let her heart flies in the beauty of romance. And she let him. And now she drown deep because of him.

She hasn't seen him for 2 weeks now. She knew she was going to miss him. He knew he was going to be frustated not having her on his side every morning he wake up those day. He pouted, and whined, and mumbling

"you're not even look like you're going to miss me." 

While in fact she knew better how much she's going to miss those pouty lips, which  never last more than 10 minutes before changing to naughty pouty, their language for zillion pecks after bickering.

She missed looking at him moving around in the kitchen, trying to help her but ended up giving more mess than the help itself. Then she would be nagging at him and came to silent when he slowly circling his hand around her waist. His high nose landed on the crook of her neck, inhaling her scent which apparently his most favorite fragrance of all time. He even joke around about buying a perfume company and make a fragrance based on her smell so people would know how angel smells like.

Ahh how she missed his cheesyness.

She decided to give up forcing herself to sleep. She only had 5 hours before she would go to Eun Chae's house. TKEM squad  finally manage to get one day off together to welcome Dohwan who got a short holiday this month. She missed them so much. She really excited to joking around with them again. And she also had prepared spicy braised chicken at Dohwan's request the other night. She made sure she made double portion since the last time Dohwan ate it, back on her birthday, he ended up finished the whole pot for himself.

She got into the bathup. A warm bath would surely help her calming her tensed body and mind. She took her phone and scrolling on her playlist. Her eyes catched that one song she always loved to hear with him.

A soundtrack for their drama, which made them united.
A soundtrack when their characters finally had their kind of happy ending.
The one she and him wished for, even happier, everlasting ending.

Her eyes felt hot as tears slowly running down her cheek. Today the squad will meet, except him. He was so busy these days and couldn't make it to the reunion.

She always made sure to have him knew, she would always support him.
She always made sure she would always be an understanding companion for him. Never once she whined while he was busy filming, or hanging out with his friends, or even busy with games.

She knew he loves her. She knew he always go for miles to make sure she's happy and protected. And for all that he did, and still does, she promised to always be an understanding one.

But this day, it felt a little heavier.

She closed her eyes until she dozed off. And even in her dream, she couldn't stay away from him.