The kidnapping

*Charlotte*
Finally! A sigh escapes my lips as I fall onto my comfy bed, grabbing my phone to check the time. 11:53. I have been waiting for this moment all day! Bed time! And not a moment too soon, I think to myself, yawning wearily as I pull on some pink pj shorts and a black tank top before collapsing onto my bed.

I slip under the Tiffany blue covers and hit the 'shuffle' button on my phone, waiting for the wonderful comfort of music to pull me into a peaceful sleep. Sure enough, my eyes begin to droop as "To build a home" by The Cinematic Orchestra plays through my speakers. *there is a house, built out of stone...* I hear as I lay soundly in my nice warm bed. *wooden floors, walls, and window sills...* I can feel the soft breezy song clearing my mind, pushing away all of the thoughts that had clouded my head, and leaving me in a sleepy haze. My head sinks a bit further into the pillow, and I am no longer able to keep my eyes open. Just as I am about to fall asleep, I am startled awake by the sound of a loud slam. I jolt up quickly, now wide awake, and study my large room, looking for the source of the slam. It doesn't take me long to notice that my window has been opened a crack.

Must be the wind, I think to myself, let out an annoyed groan and get out of my cozy warm bed to close the window. As I get closer, I see something on my desk beside the window that hadn't been there before. A piece of seemingly old paper that had been tattered at the edges, like paper that survived either a long journey, or a long time.

I look closer to see that it has something messily scrawled on it in a dark coloured ink. I pick it up hesitantly and stare at it for a few long seconds, trying to make out what it says. I wearily read the message out loud, trying to make sense of it. "I believe." Believe? Believe in what? How the hell did this get here? My confused thoughts are cut off by an eerie laughing noise. Fear clouds my head and I quickly reach out to close the window. I stretch my hand out to grab the latch and pull the window down quickly. Just as it's about to close, something shoots into my room from outside and grabs me by my wrist. I let out a bloodcurdling scream as I am dragged into the darkness that is outside.

I brace myself for the fall to the ground, but it never comes. I don't fall... in fact, quite the opposite. The intruder is pulling me through the sky. We're... we're... "Flying." He says in a horrible raspy voice that sounds anything but human. It's then that I realize why... Whoever, or whatever this thing is, it sure as hell isn't human. It's in the shape of a person, a boy I think...but it's completely black. From head to toe it's black. No skin no clothes just black, except it's gut wrenching glowing white eyes.

"Let me go!" I scream, pulling and twisting in weak attempts to get away but to no avail, the hand on my wrist doesn't loosen it's death grip. I continue squirming and fighting but it's no use we just keep going. Before long I feel us descending. I look down terrified to see... an island? The grip on my wrist begins to loosen. "No!" I shout, desperately trying to hold on. I try to dig my nails into the being to hold on, but it doesn't work. My attempts are futile and the dark creature lets me go.

I scream at the top of my lungs as I fall, before hitting the ground hard. My head is pounding and I can feel my eyes getting heavy. I stand up on my feet, only to fall to the ground. My head tilts to the side as I lay there on the cold damp beach, and the last thing I see before I black out, is a boy.

(Please comment on what you think❤️ should I continue? Comment❤️ vote❤️ thanks!!😘)