Chapter 3

"C'mon. I have something to show you. Do you trust me?" Peter asks, spinning me around do we're face to face. He reaches out and gently takes my hands. I yank them away less than a second later.

"I most definitely do not trust you." He chuckles in response. "Fair enough. Well trust or no trust, you're coming with me." He says firmly but with a small smirk. "I don't think so Pan." I scoff, trying to sound fierce but failing miserably. His amused smirk tells me that he knows I'm faking.

"Well then I guess we're going to do this the hard way. That's fine by me. In fact... I kind of enjoy it." The mischievously playful way his green eyes sparkle makes me worry. "Wait wha-" Before I can even finish my sentence, I am literally swept off my feet as Peter picks me up and swings me over his shoulder. I let out a loud scream and hear Peter's amused laugh.

"Put me down!" I shriek and start pounding on his back with my fists. "I'm afraid I can't do that." I can practically hear that smug little smirk of his on his face. I can feel him carry me up some stairs and I can hear a door creak open in the distance. "Peter?..."  He slides me down to me feet in front of him, holding me so I am pressed up against his chest, which is surprisingly firm. Are those abs?! 

I look up to find him looking down at me. For a long second we look into each other's eyes, not saying a word as he dips his head down so his lips are just hovering above my own. I lift my head up but just before our lips meet, I step back and slap him across the face.

"You can't seriously think I'd kiss you. For Christs sake! You kidnapped me! You call yourself Peter Pan and you tell me I'm in Neverland! I may not know how you did that 'magic', but I do know that you are mad. Bonkers. Off your head. Just leave me alone!" I say surprisingly firm for being sort of scared. 

When I spin around to leave I realize that we are in a treehouse. Not a regular treehouse though. It's huge. Peter sees I'm distracted and takes the opportunity to spin me back around by my arm. His devilish grin confuses me. "I'll forgive that since you're new here. But don't try it again. Now my dear... Would you like a tour of your new home?"

I grit my teeth. "This is not my home. This will never be my home. Just bring me back to my family." Peter raises his eyebrows as if he's surprised I'm actually angry. "Your family? Your family doesn't care about you and you don't care about them. Why do you think you're here? People that are happy with their 'families' can't come to Neverland."

Angry tears start to form in the corners of my bright blue eyes. "Don't say that." He gives me a sympathetic look and puts his hand on my cheek. "I'm sorry, but you know it's true. You don't love them. You wanted to be here." A single tear rolls down my cheek as I smack his hand away hard and turn to go.

I run out of the treehouse door and down the stairs. I don't even turn to see if he's following me. Hell I don't even know where I'm going. I just run. I run until I can't run anymore. Until I can barely breathe. I fall down against the trunk of a tree and pull my knees into my chest and cry. I cry out all of the pain and misery that I've been able to deny for years... until I heard it from him. It sounded so real. I know there's no denying it now. I close my eyes and bury my face in my hands.

                     *                     *                     *

I wake up in my bed. No. Not my bed. Where-. "I found you asleep in the forest. You were ice cold, I didn't want you to freeze." I sit up and rub my eyes, which are still a tad swollen and puffy from crying. "Peter?"  He nods. "I'm here darling." I glare at him, stretch my arms and swing my legs to the side of the bed. "How long was I..." He reaches out a hand and pulls me to my feet. "Just a few hours. You must be hungry." I nod. "Starving."

He gives me a warm smile. "Good, because I made you breakfast." He ushers me over to a beautiful dark wooden table where a full on buffet of food is laid out. "You made all of this?!" He nods and pulls out a chair for me. "I didn't know what you would like." He hands me a plate and I just stare up at him in total disbelief. He's like an entirely different person.

"By the way," he starts. "I'm sorry for what I said last night. It wasn't my place." I look down sheepishly. "No. You were right." He puts his fingers under my chin and lifts my head to look at him. "Don't you worry for a second. I promise I will do everything I can to make sure you're happy here." I give him a suspicious look and push his hand away.

"I said you were right. I didn't say that I like you any more than I did before." I pause for a moment and pull out the chair beside me. "Sit. Join me." He laughs and runs his hand over my hair softly before taking a seat, prompting a warning look from me which makes him snake his hand away. I then fill my plate with delicious food, pancakes, bacon, and fruit and Peter does the same.

We sit and eat for a while before he speaks. "Would you like to go for a walk today? You can meet all of the lost boys?" After weighing the pros and cons of spending more time with Pan, I'm sure there isn't anything else I can do so I nod. "I suppose I don't have much of a choice so, fine." He smiles, pleased.

"Wonderful." "However... I would like to change.. I don't suppose there are any clothes-" Peter waves a hand and a shot of green fog shoots from his hand and goes through the bedroom, hitting the closet. "Done and done love." I look at him speechless and get up to check the closet. When I open is I'm astonished. It's my closet. My exact one from home, full of all of my favourite clothes.

I turn around and Peter is smiling down at me. "I take it you're happy?" I just look at him for a minute, wondering what he's trying to do. "Thank you." "You're welcome darling. Now if we are going to go you should change." I brush off the name, nod and walk into the closet, starting to choose my outfit as he leaves the room and closes the door.

I quickly grab my favourite jeans and a pretty dark green blouse that I've never notices before. I slip on my white converse and head out the door. "Ah I see you've found my present." He smiles, looking at the blouse. "And it fits perfect. You look wonderful." I groan. That would explain why I've never seen it. He's trying to bribe me?

"Thank you. Can we go for that walk now?" Peter puts a hand on my back which I shove  off. He chuckles under his breath but doesn't try again. "Of course."