Prologue

"HOW'S YOUR LESSON?"

I turned my gaze to Papa and sighed. "As usual. Nakakapagod."

I heard he sighed too and sat opposite to me.

"Do you want to go with your cousins?"

"Where?"

He went mine and patted my head. "To your dream."

"I have a lots of dream, Papa."

He laughed.

"I mean, color run?"

My eyes grew bigger when he gave me a ticket.

What?

"What's..."

He pulled me into a hugged and kissed the top of my head. I closed my eyes and feel his comfort.

"Alam kong gustong gusto mo makalunta sa fun run event kaso hindi ka nakakapunta dahil alam mong ayaw ng mama mo pero dahil wala ngayon ang mama mo ay pwede kang makadalo." He smiled.

Yes, wala ngayon si Mama dahil mayroon siyang dadaluhang event ng kaibigan. I hugged him back and I tried not to cry on his chest. I heard he sighed followed by a small laughs.

"Sasama ka ba?"

"Of course!" I exclaimed. He laughed and patted my shoulder. "When?"

"Ang sabi ni Pearl mamayang hapon daw, ang sabi nila ay hindi naman nila sasabihin sa mama mo kaya pumayag na akong sumama ka, natatakot lang kasi ako na baka kapag nalaman ng mama mo ay palagyan ng dosenang padlock ang kwarto mo." He laughed, me too. "Maligo ka na... Ang baho mo na." He chuckled and stood up. I watched him walked out from my room. I sighed in relief and slumped my back on my bed. I closed my eyes and screamed at the top of my lungs! I'm gonna enjoy this day! This is my first time in that color run, who wouldn't enjoy that kind of event, huh?

Nakikita ko sa social media kung paano sila magsaya, magtulakan, magtakbuhan at maligo sa ibat ibang pintura, at dahil na-curious ako noon kung anong pakiramdam ay nagpabili sana ako kay mama ng panibagong pintura, she thought I'm gonna paint but when I said I'm gonna do what color runners do, she stopped me. I was left lonely.

My Mama is a strict but when you follow her command, she's soft. She's kind too, she gave our old stuffs to every orphanage and she'll give them a thousands. I like her attitude when it comes to like that but when I'm thinking my status and how I live behind four lonely walls made me sad and thought,

Why she's like that to me?

Isn't she happy to see me happy?

Or she didn't want me to see by her friends or what?

I sighed when I walked out from mythe bathroom. I am now wearing a white cotton shirt paired with a black leggings that fitted  my legs and white sneaker

I sat at the edge of my bed while drying my hair. Hindi naman siguro bawal sa color run ang mukhang dugyot no?

I walked out on my room and sat down to the couch while waiting for my cousins to pick me up. I heard a loud automobile horn so I quickly get up to welcome them. They went inside our house and greeted Papa on the single sofa.

Papa looked at me and smiled. I smiled back.

"Excited?"

I nodded intermittent and he laughed. I went to him and hugged him. He kissed the top of my head and let go of me.

"Enjoy your day, Baby girl."