Chapter 29: Deal

"This heart, that I thought would only beat for you, has already given birth to its devouring frost. I don't know how long I can hold on to you until it dies without the warmth I crave. I'm scared, for once it freezes, I may never recall love again."

Previously:

"Black magic?" There was no way to stop black magic. Not without the possession of pure magic. And the last one to have possession of it was her. My first mate.

» ⊱ ──── ┈┈┈ ──── ⊰ «

Chapter 29: Deal

Sehun's POV

"Grandmother, what do you see?" I asked the aged woman in front of me, engulfed in much curiosity. Her eyes swam through the once clear glass ball that was now completely clouded with a grey fog as it settled sedentary on the sturdy table.

Her honey-colored eyes briefly fished for any movement in the ball before harshly clamping together. Her hands swam in the air on either side of the glass orb. Flicking her fingers with delicacy, she muttered muddled words with bare audibility as the orb let out beams of light luminating the walls that encapsulated us.

Several minutes passed before her hands dropped to her sides and her eyes snapped open simultaneously. Her cold stare watched the minute scene unfold underneath the glass surface of the ball.

All my eyes caught from my distant position from the orb was a hazy figure in the darkness of the orb. Nothing was visible other than that. It was useless trying to gather an image from such a distance. Letting my stare drop, I looked around the room and let my mind run on.

The dark walls. The shady feeling. The white lines on the floor that mended into a star, contrasting with the brown wooden floor. The antique goblet and dagger still sitting in the center of the etching on the floor. Inside it swam her blackened blood. Her blackened blood.

The last time we were here, it was with my darling, to break off that useless connection she had with him. Oh god, how dearly I despised him ever since I laid my eyes on him. His stare, his guts, his face, his being, his actions. His total existence appalled my mind and body.

Unconsciously, I started to grit my teeth in sheer anger. My jaw constricted its motion and stiffened itself to the touch. My stretched and exposed palm twitched until it clinched close, tightening to become a potential weapon to strike at anyone that arose against me. 

If it weren't for that disgusting little mate of hers and his stupidious interrupting actions, she would have been mine by now. Mine. Only mine. Doesn't that sound quite romantic, now?

Hindering my furthering chat with myself, my grandmother voiced out words that strung together to give me my commands. Strange, isn't it? The bad wolf that brought chills to the worst beings, listened and followed the orders of an old lady?

She might seem helpless, but that was just the façade that she put forth for everyone to be trapped in. Underneath that wily little veil of hers, was a powerful witch who spoke spells, that had roamed these lands of the earth for centuries. To be precise, her existence aggregated to a complete three hundred and twenty eight years.

"Sehun, get to the river of Moirai and call for your mate there. You know what to do after . . .", she spoke with austerity. Those empty eyes drenched in ominous greed, momentously caught a hold of mine to enforce her command.

Without another look, her body shifted her weight and turned around leaving me stilled at the doorway of the room. The light clicking of her wedged shoes echoed in the enclosed room as her figure dispersed into the darkened room.