101 Ways to Stand In

I sit in my desk. The assigned seat that we recieved yesterday A.K.A the first day of school. High school. Across the room is Harry, my only friend, and in front of me lays the prettiest girl I've ever met, Rimi Katamari. She has long, mesmerizing black hair and beautiful brown eyes. She's everything a guy could ever want. But in front of HER lays the meanest, most terrifying boy in school. Who also happens to be Rimi's boyfriend.

His name is Lance. Yeah, like the Prince Charming name, right? Well wait till you hear MY name.

Will.

Not what you were expecting...? Lets move on. Rimi and I were best friends in 2nd grade. Until she became too cool for me. Cliques became familiar to us and from then on, we have been separated miles apart, but forced to be so close. I haven't talked to her in 4 years.

I look forward and see her turned in her seat to talk to Jessica, so I pull out a pencil and a pad and begin to draw. A woman, wearing a dress and holding a cup of coffee. I have been working on this for 2 days and am almost done. I notice that conversation has slowed, meaning the teacher has walked in. I close my pad and look up. But I don't see a teacher beginning a intense lecture. I notice that the conversation that slowed was Rimi's, and now she looks at my drawing, slightly smirking.

"It's great." She says, looking up at me. "I miss talking to you Will." She smiles and turns around to give Lance a smooch. I smirk at the back of her head. Rimi talked to me...Rimi just talked to me... The shock was so overwhelming that I made a groaning noise and Jessica, Rimi, Lance, and a few others looked at me. I shrugged and continued my drawing.

Rimi talked to me.

So I'm gonna talk to her back