𝐎𝐍𝐄 | "last day of school, BITCHESSS!!"

"𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒖𝒏 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏..."

"...'𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏."

chapter one, the last day of hell
__________________

real life

to put it simply, the moore house was in complete chaos. but what would you expect from a house shared with five growing women varying in age and a single parent who has to share two bathrooms. clothes were being thrown, doors banged, shoes lost. it was a mess and roxanne was in the middle of it all. throwing on the last thing she needed to complete her outfit, she checked the bathroom mirror one last time. she heard a loud knock at the door as her older sister, sammy rushed her.

"can you hurry up! you're not the only one who needs the bathroom! literally no one cares what you look like!"

roxanne rolled her eyes before opening the worn door and walking out, though she made sure to take her slow time. her sister muttered a "finally." as she walked inside the small bathroom, slamming the door shut and locking it.

though, roxanne was long gone by then already by the front door checking the time on her phone. her dad passed by clearly stressed and looking for something.

"aren't you supposed to be gone by now?" she said slightly confused.

"aren't you?" he replied, still searching the area for who knows what.

"no. i leave at nine-fifteen, it's only nine o clock."

she wanted to ask what he was looking for but decided that she didn't have enough time for that. she loved her dad but she also knew that once he got started, it was almost impossible for him to stop.

he nodded his head to show that he'd had been listening. "uh right. i knew that. because i know all my kid's schedules...." he trailed off as he began searching the ground.

there was a slightly awkward silence as she watched her dad flip shoes upside down and shaking them, eagerly waiting for something to fall out.

she shifted her bag to her other shoulder as she chose to ignore his disappointed face when nothing came out. "umm well you remember what tomorrow is right?"

"friday?" he asked not really paying attention.

"well yes but no." she looked at him with a slight exasperated face. "i leave tomorrow, remember? you're supposed to drop me off at kenzie's house at ten?? you didn't forget did you??"