Merry Christma-versary

~~this one-shot is given tribute to my childhood OTP and my forevers!
warning: I WISH I owned this T^T Tim Burton is my favorite director and artist of all time! and I love this movie since I was a little baby! but sadly I don't... so that's great-~~

Jack was stumped. He currently sat at his office table as Mayor 2-faced went on and on about what to do for next Halloween, but the pumpkin king couldn't really care less. After all, it's only November 10th, he has plenty of time to think of what to do next year. 

He had his feet kicked up on his big office table that was stacked with piles of sheets and scrolls, leaning his boney chin on his skeletal stick fingers. He tapped his skull as his non existent eye-brows narrowed in deep thought. He couldn't care less about Halloween at the moment, for something much more important to him was just waiting right around the corner.

"So what do you think, Jack?" The mayor asked the skeleton. He finally spared his boss a glance only to realize he didn't answer and wasn't even looking at him. The smile face he had on simply switched to his worried expression as it usually does. "Jack?" He asked again. No answer. Was his boss even listening to him?

"JACK!" He shouted to finally get the pumpkin king's attention. "Huh?" He simply asked, his hollow brain fully shutting down. "Did you not hear me!?" 

The skeleton simply sighed, readjusting his seating position and buried his skull in his hands, "Sorry, Mr. Mayor. My mind was in a different place."

"Is something wrong, sir? You haven't been yourself since our Halloween party." Then it (sort of) hit him, "Awe, do you miss our holiday already? Don't worry, we'll celebrate again next year! In fact that's what I've been doing here this whole time! To help with the plans-"

"It's not Halloween I'm worried about, Mayor. It's..." Jack stood up and went to the window to look at the big clock representing the time before their next Halloween. "It's another holiday I'm worried about..." He mumbled.

Now the mayor was confused. "And what would that be, sir?" 

Jack sighed again, "Christmas..."

The mayor then started to panic. "AGAIN!?!?! I don't mean any disrespect Jack, but don't you remember what happened LAST TIME we tried Christmas!?! It was a DISASTER!" He exclaimed, earning a soft chuckle from the pumpkin king. 

"Don't worry, I'm well aware.. It's not actually Christmas I'm worried about." He looked back with a soft smile as to ease the mayor's nerves, which thankfully worked well as the mayor's face switched to his usual cheery smile. "But..." he said carefully, making the mayor's head spin to his now scared blue face.

"B-b-b-b-'but'??" Jack turned back to the window and this time eyed Spiral hill where he remembered his first kiss there. 

"it's me and Sally's 4th Christma-versary."

Silence. Dead. Awkward. Silence. 

The Mayor's face simply fell into another of confusion as he tried to process what his boss just said. "I'm sorry, but Christma-verseh-what?"  

Jack smiled at the thought and fully turned to his right hand man. "Christma-versary! The very reason me and Sally are together is because Christmas brought us together! So we decided to make a tradition to celebrate our relationship every year on Christmas day!" 

It took Mr. Mayor a moment before his face switched back to his happy go-lucky side, "Oh! So your Anniversary on Christmas! Clever!" He seemed to notice Jack's look of uncertainty and his warm smile dropped a bit, "But then... what's the problem?"

"I just have no idea what to give her for her present! I've given her a tour of Christmas town like she wished, I gave her a beautiful amulet that wrote a special passage of my love for her, and I gave her her own sewing machine and a shop to pursue her dreams as a fashion designer! But this year..." Jack paused his rant and took a sigh, "I mean, what can you get for the perfect woman?" He looked back at the Mayor and saw his mouth dropped.