One

Daniel

*****

"Thank you so much Diggy! This is John here with Hip Hop 100.4! Catch you guys after this song."

I had just finished doing a radio interview with 100.4. I was not a big artist yet but doing that song with Jeremih gave me some big looks. I was glad of that because I had an album coming soon.

"Hey Dig. Let's get going. We have to get back to the hotel," said my manager, Lori.

I followed her to the Tahoe truck. Today was my last day of doing interviews for a while. School was in session and my mom wanted me to at least do 3 months of public school before my album released. Honestly, I was kind of glad I got a break. Being an artist was hard.

***

"You hungry?" Lori asked before leaving my room.

"Kind of. I want some pizza," I said while rubbing my hands together.

Lori chuckled. "Okay silly. I'll get you some pizza ordered. Try to relax some."

I nodded my head. Lori left leaving me to my lonely.

I decided to write some lyrics. I plugged my Beats into my iPhone 4s and played a beat I found on YouTube. After a while of that, Lori brought my pizza in.

"After you eat, try to get some rest. We have a long flight tomorrow," Lori said pointing at me.

"Good point. I'll get on it," I said hopping up.

I decided to jump into the shower. After about 20 minutes, I hopped out. After drying and moisturizing, I put on some PJs and hopped in the bed. I checked my phone and noticed I got a text from Leah.

~ Can't wait 2 see u. Miss you. XO - Leah

I smiled and texted her back.

****

Asia

"Ugh. I don't understand Chemistry. Why is there math in science?" Destiny said with her hand on her forehead.

I laughed. "Girl, who knows? But the answer is C."

Destiny looked up at me confused. "How do you know?"

"That's the only one that makes sense," I said hopping off the couch. Destiny nodded in agreement and bubbled in her answer. I came back with two bottles of water and handed one to Destiny. She was my best friend since 2nd grade. We could not be separated. Literally. We did everything together.

"Did you hear that Diggy Simmons is coming to our school?" Destiny said with excitement in voice.

I furrowed my eyebrows together. "The Diggy Simmons?" I asked because there was no way. Diggy Simmons was featured in a song with Jacob Latimore and Mindless Behavior. His dad was also a famous artist. There was no way that he was coming to our ghetto ass school.

"Yes. As in the Diggy Simmons. I overheard Leah loud mouth self talking about it in gym," Destiny said rolling her eyes. I chuckled.

"I forgot they go together. Guess I can't crush on him," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Tuh. Please. What is Leah gonna do?" Destiny said furrowing her eyebrows.

I laughed.

I mean, it would be nice getting to know Mr. Simmons. But that would never happen with Leah in the way. I shook myself out my thoughts and focused back on my homework.

****

Two Weeks Later...

Daniel