Final

"5 years? 10 years from now? When would you like to start our own family? I know you still like girls, so hopefully, our firstborn would be a girl who would look just like you. I want a mini-Eonjin running around our house, love."

"Eonjin-ah, you know I'm willing to wait for you, whenever you're ready. If the natural way doesn't work for us, we can always adopt, right? You mentioned that a couple of times before. I'm completely fine with adopting my love."

Hyunbin is looking at Yejin with hopeful eyes, dimples showing, which is a sign of how truly content he is with the topic. His eyes, however, are full of unshed tears. They are currently in the garden area of their house, the sunset in front of them, with each passing minute, darkness slowly consuming the place; somehow, the gloominess of the place illustrates how they currently feel. The usual festive garden area is currently being consumed by the silence, which rarely happens when Hyunbin and Yejin are home. Yejin, trying her best not to look at his face, especially those eyes....those pleading eyes, instead is looking down on her lap where his hand is currently holding her hand as tightly as he can. Suddenly, a lone tear fell on her lap; Yejin realizing it was coming from her, quickly wiped it off, afraid that he might see.

"How many kids would you like to have, huh? You know it's always up to you. It honestly doesn't matter to me how many, or if you don't want any kids, that's also fine with me, just as long as I have you in my life" Hyunbin continues to blabber about their future, smiling even though the tightening in his chest is almost unbearable.

"Taepyung-ah...." she suddenly called out his name, trying to stop whatever he is about to say more about their future. "Yes, Love?" he got startled when she started speaking while trying to look into her eyes; however, she's still keeping her head down. "I'm tired," Yejin whispers, voice breaking.

"You're tired, love? Shall we head back inside and get ready for bed, hm?" the tightening in his chest is getting even more painful than it currently is, which he didn't know is possible.

"I'm tired of all of this, Taepyung-ah. I can't do this anymore. The OB-GYNE clearly told us that it might not be possible to conceive a child because of my age. I don't want to do that to you, Taepyung-ah" she finally looks up, and the moment she saw his face, his face that's full of hopefulness when they started this conversation, now looking pale and scared—scared of what she would say next.

"Eonjin-ah, listen to me. I don't care if we won't be able to have our child. I told you that. I'm okay with adopting. And I'm completely okay with just the two of us for the rest of our lives. You know that. Eonjin-ah, jebalyo (please)...don't do this please," a sobbing Hyunbin trying to explain to Yejin, now holding both her hands as tightly as he can.

"And what about our families? They are expecting us to have our child. Especially your parents. They have been waiting for you to provide them with a grandchild; they would be so disappointed when they find out." explains Yejin, not hiding the tears that keep flowing out from her eyes.

"They would totally understand the situation, Eonjin-ah. You know my parents, as long as they see me happy, which I am, very much because I have you. They would be fine with it."