stranger

0:00 -❍────────────3:30‪↻     ⊲  Ⅱ  ⊳     ↺ ‬

‪↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺ ‬

now that i know, what i know
there's nothing new under the moon

{ mark }

on one the chilliest nights in fall i decided to sit at a familiar bus stop by my house. who knew people the life of the party could be so...

draining

all i do is follow the same routine every moment of every day.  honestly, i never thought i'd get tired of doing something i'm so passionate about. how could you be tired when you're living the life you've always wanted. right?

well now due to that life i have no jacket, i feel like shit, and my ass is freezing on this communal bench that i'll have to share sooner or later.

splendid

all would be fine if the wind wasn't flying through my pants. how could anyone feel well in these type of conditions? i don't understand how nights can get so cold in the fall in just a blink of an eye. now the bus, i have dedicated my twenties to, ironically won't arrive for another twenty minutes.

i'm rubbing my hands together as fast as i can to create some heat. would i be crazy to start a fire? to think i was so wrapped up in my own mind that i didn't spot a figure coming my way. the figure quietly occupied the spot next to me and that's when i finally noticed anyone other than myself.

i caught a glimpse of his eyes that were like two tunnels of chocolate. they were lined with a red tint; almost like they'd been crying all night. unfortunately, the sniffles being shamelessly emitted already gave that away.

"well...are you just going to keep eyeing me? it's rude to stare."

he was gorgeous... how could i not?

a fitted baby blue crewneck kept him cozy up top. his tan slacks had no shame since i could see they hugged him in all the right places. however, his wool coat really did a number on my eyes as i wished it covered me instead. the male had a head full of chestnut colored hair. some of his locks being curled at the ends.

was he cute? hell yeah! but i wasn't planning on saying anything to him at all. well that was until he continued to hold a conversation with me.

"have you ever had your heart broken before?"

oh ok.

he seemed to be very straightforward. i was surprised he even thought my opinion was one worth hearing. most people assume i'm not the chatting type since my appearance isn't what people would call inviting. i noticed he looked nervous while asking, almost if he was frightened, but he never stumbled over his words.

not even once and come to think of it...

neither did i.

"yeah, i have."

"what was it like?"

oh.

i don't know why i didn't see that one coming. i walked right into it. personally i hated talking about her but the male just seemed so distraught. i felt like i had to help him anyway i could. so if that meant sharing a part of me with him than so be it.

only when he turned towards me with the saddest smile i'd ever seen i blanked. my lips creased into a thin line as i watched his soft eyes blink through puddles of tears. his chest heaved while i tried to find the words stuck in my throat. they just wouldn't come out and he became still at my silence as defeat started to wash over him.

"it felt as if the world-"

"was over."

"well...pretty much."