Test Track (Chapter 3)

It was about 4 weeks into the semester. Monty and Carl were doing good at all the written exams and stuff, but they were itching to get in a car and drive. You know, their dream job. Luckily...

     "McQueen! Wunderson!" Called Mr. Wallace.

     "Yessir?" They both responded at the same time.

     "C'mon! It's time for you two to get on the test track!"

     After a minute or so of walking, they laid eyes upon what was easily the coolest thing they've seen thus far: The Fast Track Academy Test Track. It was almost identical to your run-of-the-mill stock car track (but nowhere near as many bleachers. People wouldn't exactly flock to see a couple of students drive cars).

      "Wow..." was the only word that Monty could get out.

      "Is that your catchphase or something?" Carl said with a smug grin.

      "Nah, not cool enough....Ka-Chow!"

      "Ka-Chow? Where'd that come from?"

      "You know, the sound Lightning makes when it strikes. Ka-Chow!"

      "It's actually Thunder that makes the sound."

       "Oh, whatever."

       Monty made his way over to his designated car in pit row and hopped in the driver's seat. He put the key in the ignition, turned it on, and...

       ...Oh, man, the sound of the engine starting up...it was the most wonderful sound in the world to him. He immediately put his foot to the floor and his car took off in response. McQueen had a need for speed. And, boy, was need fulfilling his needs.