six: the hero who takes no credit

-JIRO POV-

-JIRO POV-

𝗪𝗘 𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗜𝗡 𝗔 𝗖𝗜𝗥𝗖𝗟𝗘 𝗔𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗙𝗙𝗘𝗘 𝗧𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗘. Denki, Eijiro and Katsuki on the couch, Sero on the beanbag, Camie and Mizuki against the wall and I was sitting opposite Sero, against the speakers. The group had been here for an hour or two already, but they usually stayed for the night or until very late.

"So, Kyoka, how was that villain attack?" Denki said, slurping on his noodle water, is that what you called it? Whatever, it's noodle water.

"Hm, it was okay. I just distracted the villain for a few seconds, the hero he was attacking was paralysed I think. They kept muttering stuff, I think his quirk is similar to Mizuki's. Something to do with illusions." I said, eating some noodles as I nodded my head toward Mizuki.

"Woah, and then you just left? Tell us the deets of the fight, man! I wanna know! Did anyone see you? Any paps catch you?" Eijiro said, almost falling flat on his face from leaning forward.

"Yeah, I left the moment I was sure the heroes were okay. I don't think they saw me, as I was behind an alleyway wall. All I saw was people running away and to the scene so I decided to check it out from a backway, yaknow? I saw a hero cover their eyes before falling to the ground and looking up at the villain. I noticed they were shaking too, so I took that as my cue to use my quirk and distract the villain for a bit, so he was unable to use his quirk, I guessed it had something to do with eye contact. I waited for the hero to recover and sit up to tie the villain up as I hid behind the wall. I heard one of them talking to some fans and left. No one saw me, I heard the heroes asking eachother about who sent the attack, but no one saw me. Which is good. I don't want that drama right now."  I said, sighing.

"Woah, that sounded cool! You being all secretive and mysterious, the hero who takes no credit, that's what they call you! Even if they don't exactly know who you are." Sero said, nodding.

"Ew, that's a weird name. I hate that, might just come out and say it's me so they change the name." I frowned, picking at my noodles.

"Girl, atleast you get a proper name! I'm just called 'sexy lady' everywhere I go, it's so exhausting to be seen as sexy, beautiful and amazing all day!" Camie said, feigning sadness as Mizuki just laughed.

"You're so fucking weird, Ears. Honestly, I don't fucking understand your weird ass." Katsuki said, chomping down on his food rather violently.

"What d'you mean?"

"I mean, you're fucking confusing. All I ever wanted was to be the number one hero, I thought that was everyone's fucking dream in the class. Why the fuck wouldn't you want to be? I'm the number two and it's great, you're so fucking weird. You have potential to be in the top 10, god fucking damn it!" Katsuki said, yelling near the end.

"Look, I'm sure I've already said this before. I don't want to be in the top 10. What's the fucking problem with that? Why do I have to be up there? I don't want the pressure. I don't want it. I don't want to be on posters everywhere. I don't want people think I'm so amazing that I feel pressured to be amazing. I don't want to be body shamed on the internet, it would be easy as fuck for people to do so, I'm the flattest bitch on earth. If they found out about our engagement, they'd hate on Mizu since everyone in the fucking world wants me to date Denki. Sure, there are good things to come from being in the top 10, but it's just not an ideal world for me. I'd rather watch from the sidelines and help now and then, then do my own hero work." I said, frowning and glaring at everyone in the room.

"But, everyone would know who you are. So many more people would look up to you, you'd be their motivation to go on with their life. You could affect millions!" Sero said, waving his hands in the air.

"I-I don't want that. Japan knows who I am, people recognise me on the streets and that's enough for me. People already look up to me, it may be few, but it's all I need. Having the pressure of affecting people is not good for me, I don't like pressure." I said, getting annoyed by saying the same thing over and over again. Can't these guys just shut up?

"What about interviews? Staying up late helping everyone, being invited to parties-"

"I definitely don't want that. I don't want to only come home whenever Mizuki's asleep, or you guys are sleeping. I'd also like my own time you know? Jeesh, why are you guys so pressed about me not wanting to be in the top 10? It's my fucking decision." I said, setting my empty bowl down and looking up at the ceiling.

A silence was filled out through the room, most wanted to press me more on the subject while others didn't know what to say. The silence was so loud. I hated silences like this. Always led to terrible, terrible things. I don't like silences. So many silences in high school. I don't like being the only one in a room, it's too quiet. I don't like it. I was too alone in my room back then, my sobs being the only thing breaking the silence.

"Hm. Katsuki, didn't you get beat up by Mizuki few hours ago?" Camie said, thankfully breaking the silence.

Katsuki looked up from his bowl and glared at Camie as she smirked at him. The two started to argue, more like Katsuki yelling at Camie while she retorted back with snarky remarks and whatnot. Everyone started to laugh when Denki spilled his noodles on Katsuki when he was going to get water. We heard Denki run down the stairs of the building as explosions were heard behind him. Was it just me or was Denki always getting chased? Or was it that Katsuki always chased after people?

We were putting our bowls and cutlery in the dishwasher, chatting amongst ourselves. It was about 12pm now and the boys and Camie decided to stay over, it being "too dark" and "scary" to go back to their apartments. In reality, they just liked sleeping on our heated floor. Katsuki went to sleep and Eijiro went along with him, and Denki had fainted out of fear.

Sero, Camie, Mizuki and I sat on the couch and beanbags as we drank some of the alcohol tje boys had brought over. They were mostly talking to eachother as I just listened in. My mood had been totally ruined with that top 10 talk, and they knew that. I don't know why, but any mention of the top 10 and why I don't want to be up there irritates me.

It's just...so frustrating that they keep asking me, I say it again and again. Even if I'm not telling the whole truth, It's infuriating to keep on repeating what's already been discussed before. Mizuki knows the main reason why I don't want to be a top 10, and she says that reason shouldn't be stopping me from using all my potential. We usually argue about this, not the fact that I don't want to be in the top 10, but because I'm letting that reason stop me.

I know she's right, I shouldn't let that reason affect me. I just...

I just don't want to see Momo Yaoyorozu more than I already do.

A/N

gasp

did i-

did i finish this chapter in-

in an hour-

woah

okay

CLAP FOR ME EVRYONREIFGDHBNSV

-kai