Chapter 1 - How They Met

Mike's POV

"AHAHAHAHAHAH I beat you, don't even argue with me!" Luke yells. Calum pretends to sob, Ashton and I just sitting there witnessing it all. Ashton isn't really into this, he usually just comes round for the food.

I finish a handful of chips and then ask for the controller. "Bro come on let someone else play, your time is up." Luke sighs and gives in. Yuss.

Luke and Ashton start having a random conversation about who they would date out of all four of us and why. We have this conversation frequently which makes everyone at school think we're gay. So we kind of just mess with everyone and act stereotypically gay as if we really are. People are so gullible.

"Nah but Calum is a dick he would cheat on me." Ashton says, a little serious. "HEY!!" Calum yells. " Well he's not wrong." Luke adds in. "Bro who's side are you on?" Calum throws a tantrum, chucking the controller on the floor.

"Aw poor baby." I laugh, ganging up on him with the other boys. I decide to play the game. "Well, I would date Lukey Pukey." I flirt, dying of laughter inside.

"Because of his dimples." Hahahaha so funny. We all know the majority of the girls he's been with only like him because of his dimples.

"Yo can you go get some Mcdonalds for us?" Ashton randomly yells.
"Uhh Ashton, do you have money to pay for it?" I answer.
Ashton thinks about it then laughs. I just stand there waiting for him to explain. " Yeah." Pulling out money from his pocket he hands it to me. "What the fuck bro you just gave me $50? Where did you even get this?"

He tries to look all sophisticated as he says, " I have a job at that DVD store now." He winks at me. "Ok piss off." He demands jokingly. I decide that I'm hungry as well so I grab my jacket and leave.

I'm making my way to McDonalds when I see a music store I've been to a million times before . Forgetting my hunger and the boys I head in to have another look at what's here.

"Hey James." I wave at the old man who works here, when I awkwardly realize that it's not an old man, but in his place a girl about 17, same age as me.

I mentally punch myself in the face. What the fuck? James has been like the only person who has worked here since, forever. Well he owns the damn place.

"Uhh shit, who are you? Uh I mean hey, I mean. Oh shit." I ramble on. "Haha hey there Michelle." She throws a wink at me. I laugh hesitantly, finding it weird she found a female name close to my own, and I don't even think I know her................... Wait.

"Do I know you?" I ask. She looks at me pretending to be offended "Uh yeah, don't you go to Glenview High?" I laugh to myself remembering now.

"Yeah you're in my chemistry class, forgot. Sorry, but why are you working here, last time I checked you weren't really into music?" I question rather rudely.

" Uh well, James is my uncle and I needed a job so uhh, here I am. Talking to you, Michelle." She says emphasising on my name for humour. I blush feeling really stupid. It seems like she's trying to avoid something about her working here though. I let it go because it's not really any of my business.

My tummy rumbles reminding me of food and the boys at my house. Haha
"Oh shit, just realised why I'm even out of the house in the first place. See you at school uh.. sorry what's your name again?" I ask. "Riley." She answers.

Riley hmm. Now that I look at her she's actually really hot. Oh fuck now I'm gonna be really awkward, this is bad. Shut up thoughts or you'll ruin my god damned life. "Haha Riley cute name, Byyee." I run off before I can make a fool of myself even more.

Going to McDonald's I quickly order 4 burgers, some fries and drinks. I check my phone for texts and there's nothing but Ashton asking if I'm dead. Confused and laughing to myself I shove my phone back in my pocket. So weird.

I hurriedly grab my order and head home. "Shit guys sorry I ran into someone and was talking for a while. Oops. Anyway eat your food." They all just stare at me. Finally I say, "What?!!!?" Calum opens his mouth and then closes it. Ashton speaks for him, " Where have you been?!? It's been an hour, It's like a 5 minute walk, we've been waiting for ages.