Normal

It was a normal day. I woke up at 7, had 2 eggs and 1 piece of buttered wheat toast for breakfast, took a shower, and all the normal things a normal person does. Then, I went to work, at 8:30. I arrived back home at about 4:28-ish, work is pretty far away. I get off at 4, you know.

I've been noticing some weird things lately. Ever since the killing game ended, I've been noticing things going missing. Sometimes it's a sock (I blame that on the washer), sometimes it's a pen (I've blamed myself for that one), and one time it was my earbuds. I still can't find them. Of course, all of those can be explained, but one thing that's weird is, sometimes I see messages. They're really faint, barely even noticeable, but they're there. It can be pencils sprawled on the floor like they were knocked over, with them lined up in a barely visible string of letters reading "im here". This has been going on for years.

It's been 4 years since the killing game ended.

I don't see any of the others around that often. I don't particularly miss them, but after living with them for so long, it feels weird to live in this one bedroom, one bathroom apartment all alone. I guess it's good to not find dead bodies, though.

I never had anyone else other than them, so I guess it's even worse. I still have no one else. Maki and Himiko... Maki and Himiko... I wonder why they were the ones to survive? I'm not saying they shouldn't have or anything- but.. why not Kaede? Why not Kaito? Why not Kokichi? Why them? Of all people?

Of course I'm glad Maki and Himiko are alive but... I wish some others had survived, too.

(308 words)