Chapter 1 - The Caveman Instinct

The rain poured down the window and the dim lights buzzed. Frank sat inside his kitchen, orange juice in one hand and a cold hotdog in the other. He watched the cracks in his drywall, lost in thought.

Why did he do that?

He bit down on the wiener, thinking back on last night.

Frank spent his night strolling through back alleys and watching pedestrians walk by. After the night life died down, he retreated into a bar. Three shots in he felt the buzz coming on. With no money left in his wallet, he decided to call it a night.

Then he walked in.

His demeanor was confident and sure; the kind to give life to any broken man. His skin was a humble blue and his eyes were a shocking green. A giant and volumptuous head, the kind to steal second glances. Frank stared at him like someone would a painting.
A very great work of art, indeed.
He caught his eye and smirked at Frank from across the room. He began to approach.

"Looks like you're missing something." The man gestured to his face.

"No need for it here." Frank murmured.

"Ah," he shoved his hands into his pockets, looking down. The silence hung between them for a few moments.

"How long has it been?" the blue man asked, looking back up.
"Since we've talked last?"

Frank laughed to himself, hanging his head.
"Talked." He said sarcastically. The man's eyebrows stitched together. Frank propped his head in his hand and looked up at him.
"You left me, remember?" he smirked.
The man looked back down, chuckling softly. He came up meeting his eyes once more.
"Are we gonna do this again?" He joked.
He looked at Frank with sheepish eyes and bit his lip, smiling.
"It's good to see you, Bunny."

Frank's smirk dropped, he hadn't heard that name in a long time.

The man sat beside him and ordered a beer. He lifted the bottle to his mouth. Closing his eyes, he drank deeply. Frank turned his head towards him. He took notice to his lips first, there were moistened and plump. They looked like two soft pillows, Frank imagined himself sleeping on them. His eyes traced down his jaw and lanky neck, he watched his adam's apple bob with each gulp.

He could feel the heat radiate off him, his cologne was light and enticing. Frank eyed the beer as he lowered it down.

"Megamind..." Frank finally spoke.
"Why did you come back to Denmark?"

Megamind hummed lowly to himself.
"I had some unfinished business..." he trailed off, dragging his finger across the countertop.
"Unfinished feelings..."

Frank tensed, he felt Megamind's knee brush his thigh. He looked up at him who was now staring intently back.

Frank felt his neck and ears burn then scoffed.

The nerve of this man. I just got over his heartache.

He had his eyes on someone else.

"You should have finished that 6 years ago. This business is closed. " He said coldly.

Megaminds lips curved into a crooked smile. He snaked his hand up Frank's arm, caressing the back of his neck. Frank let out a small surprised gasp, he looked at him with surprise.
Megamind leaned in close, his hot breath fanning onto Frank's ear.

"We can keep this business confidential."

Frank zoned back in, he looked outside. The rain had stopped but the sky was still clouded. In the silence, he looked up. The once dim light, burnt out.

Defeated and mouth dry, he looked down at his meal.

The half eaten hot dog laid on the ground beside his feet.