Chapter 19

Wendy's POV
I've been watching over Lucy and her condition is getting worse. If Natsu doesn't defeat the person draining her magic then she might die. And he has to do it soon.

Natsu's POV
I shove Star off me and frown. "Natsu dear, what's wrong?" She asks, looking concerned. "What's wrong is you're trying to kill Lucy!" I exclaim angrily. She seems shocked by my outburst. "I'm only trying to help you. She doesn't truly love you, and she's just going to hurt you."

I can't believe her. This can't be the same Star I knew. She was kind and always helped others, not hurt them. Suddenly I realize something. "It was you." I mutter quietly. "You're the one that put the spell on the guild. And created that illusion in Crocus."

It all makes sense now. Why didn't I see this before? Even when we were younger Star had a crush on me. I never knew it back then, but it's obvious now. She did all this to try to get with me.

I look at Star and frown. "Release the spell on Lucy." I say quietly. "Why would I do that? You'll go right back to her and then get hurt." She says bitterly. "No I won't. I'll stay here with you. But only if you release the spell."

Star's POV
Does he really mean it? He'll stay with me if I release the spell. "How do I know you won't run off the moment the spell's released?" I question, getting suspicious. "Because I don't love her, not like I love you."

Natsu just said he loves me. I can't believe it. It's too good to be true. It must be a trap. "You're lying, this is a trap." I say with a frown. "No it isn't. From the moment I saw you again I haven't been able to get you out of my head." He says with a smile. That adorable smile.

I still don't completely believe Natsu. But I should give him a chance to prove it. I look up and notice him stepping closer. He has a fire in his eyes I've never seen before. And suddenly I'm pinned against the wall. I knew it was a trap. But then his lips are against mine.

The kiss is hot and rough, and everything I've ever dreamed of. I internally scream as his hands explore my body. We break apart and I can't help but grin. "Now please break the spell. Lucy's my friend and I don't want her to die." He says softly. After that kiss I can't refuse.

Lyfera's POV
I watched everything and I couldn't believe it. Natsu's actually going to leave Lucy for this slut? I'm going to kill him! The only thing stopping me from doing it right now is everyone holding me back. Then I get an idea.

Natsu's POV
I feel so disgusting. I want to burn my own flesh after touching Star. But if it'll save Luce then I'll pretend for as long as I have to. Even if it means I have to kiss her again.

I watch as Star mumbles something. "There, the spell's been released." She says with a smile. Before I can reply the doors burst open, revealing something that looks half human and half jaguar. A werejaguar?

I don't have much time before the creature is attacking. It goes straight for Star. And that's when I remember something. During the Grand Magic Games Lucy explained most of her teams powers to me. And Akio's was the lost shifter magic. It allowed him to turn into any type of animal he chose. A wereanimal.

I look over and notice that Akio has knocked out Star. He then shifts back and glares at me. I guess they saw the whole thing. "DRAGNEEL!" Oh shit. The last time someone yelled my name like that I almost died. And this time it's Lyfera I pissed off, so I'm even more likely to die.

I look nervously at Lyfera. "You have three seconds to explain yourself." She says angrily. "I figured if I did that she would release the spell on Lucy and then I could leave." I say quickly. This seems to calm her anger and everyone lets out a breath of relief. Wait, when did Sylvia get here?

Lucy's POV
Waking up I open my eyes. Everything around me is dark, it must be nighttime. I notice a mess of pink hair beside me and I smile. How long was I out? And what happened? I'll have to wait till morning to find out.

After a few minutes I'm still awake. For some reason I can't sleep. Maybe it's because I was passed out for who knows how long. At least Natsu is fast asleep. That gives me an idea. What are you dreaming about?

I let out a gasp and a few tears fall down my face. Was his dream based off reality? I have to find out. I gently turn his head and bite back another gasp. Smudges if purple lipstick are around his mouth. He really did kiss Star.

I carefully slip out of the bed and walk into the empty guild hall. Quietly walking through I make my way to the guild's prison. In one of the first cells I see the figure of someone.

I walk over to the cell and I can barely make out Star's face. "Hello Lucy." She says bitterly. I don't say anything. "What's wrong? Is Natsu not as faithful as you thought?" She asks with a smug grin. I bite my tongue to keep from crying.

Star looks at me like I'm the one in a cell and not her. "He kissed me. I know he's going to tell you he faked being in love with me. But the truth is, the passion in that kiss couldn't have been fake." She says triumphantly. Her words cut deeper then knives, and they're stabbing into my heart.