.vi

DEADLY SOULS
"THE TRAP"

NATALIA OFTEN missed the simpler times in her life

NATALIA OFTEN missed the simpler times in her life. The times were death and suffering lived as just a lingering threat, the times where her mother would run her hands through her hair and hum her to sleep, the times where her aunt would sneak home for a day or two to spend time with Natalia, the times where Padme Amidala would come to visit and tell her stories of all of her adventures, the times where Natalia would run around playing tag with the Jedi generals Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi whenever their paths crossed. Natalia missed not having to worry, she missed being able to just run around free with the ignorant mind of a child. She missed target practice with Rex and the old game nights with the other clones. She missed being able to poke jokes at all of them and listening to all of their stories. She missed her dads and she missed her mother. She missed what she used to have, but she adored what she has.

Natalia was all but frozen in her spot as she stared at the uneven sand in horror. The monster had returned to the depths below leaving absolutely nothing behind. Din was gone, dead probably and Natalia just stood there and watched it happen. "Kriff!" Natalia suddenly yelled as she tugged at her hair. Many of the villagers jumped slightly at her sudden outburst that had shocked the silent air. "Bring him back." Natalia ordered as she stomped on the ground in an attempt to disrupt the Krayt. Her heart nearly beat out of her chest as her worry increased with every bad ending she had formed within her mind. "You hear me?! Bring him back!" But her shouts would be useless as the creature never returned to the surface. Natalia bit down on her bottom lip ever so slightly as she anxiously stared down at the sand. "Force, what were you thinking?" She mumbled. 

A low rumbling suddenly sounded, the vibrations shaking the ground beneath her feet. Hope began to swell in Natalia's chest as she watched the dragon erupt through the sand. She watched in anticipation as the Krayt made it's next move, opening it's mouth to let out a loud cry as blue electricity sparked throughout it's mouth and along it's lips. But Natalia paid no mind really to the dragon for her eyes were focused on the shiny gray figure that had flown out of it's mouth. Natalia quickly threw her arm up to shield her eyes as an explosion erupted from inside the Krayt. One final screech emitted from the creature in it's dying moments before it finally blew, sending a shock wave greater than Natalia has ever seen with it. Din landed on the ground beside Natalia in the wake of the explosion allowing Natalia to see the green iquid that coated his armor. 

Cheers and hollars suddenly broke the air as the people realized that the creature was dead. Smiles radiated off of all of the villager's faces, the Tuskens showing their joy by raising their weapons into the air with cries of joy. It was a sigh Natalia would never grow tired of. It was the sight of victory. 

"Well, we did..."

"Don't ever do that again." Natalia cut Din off mid sentence, her eyes staring directly at his through the visor. 

"What?" Though Natalia couldn't see it Din stared at her with a puzzled gaze. Shouldn't she be happy that he blew up the creature and they can finally leave. He's heard her complain way to many times to know she was not a fan of the planet, so shouldn't the creature's demise spark happiness in her?