two boys

Dear Jean,

if you are reading this, i'm really sorry. It means that I am no longer between you. I probably died alone, like an idiot, unable to help myself. even though you always said that i'm a capable soldier. I really just want to apologize. I'm sorry that I left you, I didn't mean to. I'm sorry that you'll have to see my dead body, if you're going to see it. If I've not been eaten by a Titan. I am really, deeply sorry. I don't want you to be sad about my death, try to see the good. Try to remember our childhood, yeah? Remember the good days we sat at the river and laughed about some stupid jokes. Remember the times where we stayed awake past our bedtime to watch the starts on the roof of our houses. do you remember? we promised to go and see the world outside the wall. It was out both's dream. To be able to once, just once see the ocean. Now, my friend, it's your own dream. Please carry it on, don't give it up. Do it for me, Jean.
Sometimes, when everyone is asleep, I think of ways to protect you. From the Titans. I think of ways, of how I can be more helpful. Everyone knows, I'm not as talented as you or some other of our group. But I wanted to pay back all the times you protected me. Protected me from the kids in our village, that made fun of my freckles. I really hated them. What boy has freckles? Disgusting. But you taught me to love them. That they make me unique. And I really started to love my freckles. I often think of the times when you beat up that bullies, and how they started to stop bully me. I think it's fascinating, of how you could handle that all. I always thought, and I always told you, that I admire you. I admire the way you are. I know that you aren't as strong as you pretend to be. I know that you understand how the weaker ones feel, because you are weak too. I admire it a lot that you are able to hide it so well. I really do. I know that you think you can handle everything by yourself, but please trust the others as well. They are as capable as you are, Jean.
I hope that one day, you'll be able to forgive me and move on. I hope that you'll find happiness, even in this fucked up world. I hope that you'll be able to defeat the Titans, with your friends. I hope that you'll save the humanity. I hope that you fulfill your, our dream. Please think of me, when you're standing in the Ocean, yeah?
Please take care of yourself, Jean.

-Marco

there he stood, in tears.
he still couldnt believe what happend, his best friend, his lover, his one and only, left him with only memories.

he quickly wiped his tears and said

"thank you, marco. you're finally free"

he threw marcos ashes in the ocean, and smiled.