𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲.

( 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲 ) 彡❁ཻུ۪۪༉‧˚·
˖°✩·₊̣̇ 。゚𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐑 ┊𝚓𝚘𝚑𝚗 𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚋𝚢.

          𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐳𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐳𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬. 𝐒𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩'𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐥, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐢𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭'𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐝 𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬; 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐢𝐥 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡.

          Sabrina considered returning to her room, thirsty for a gin with a spritz of tonic, but she found herself distracted by the dimly lit pool. Her reflection stared back at her, a potent pale blue hue and soft ripples were the only indication that separated the two.

Sabrina studied herself from a moment, unbothered by the snickers of clandestine lovers on the other side of the deck. The humidity had forced her hair into ringlets, her skin appeared pale with her pink lipstick providing a stark contrast. She wasn't sure if it was the wavy reflection or rather the truth of what she saw that propelled her disillusionment. With two days left at sail, Sabrina felt anxieties creeping among her from every angle.

          Luckily, Henry was off in the bar having know a few old business associates who were making the same venture, leaving Sabrina to roam as she pleased. That was something Sabrina had always appreciated him for; he gave her the space to breath, never forcing her to attend much more than she was expected to — although the expectations of a Senator's wife, even a soon-to-be one, was quite plentiful. It was as though they had established some unspoken negotiations and Henry had determined her private affections enough; he had no need to show her off like so many other men often do. He knew she was his and that was enough.