Chapter Two

"Madison Alamia. Where the hell did you go?!" Justin was screaming at me despite the fact that it was only three am and our parents were asleep in the room next to us.

"I walked home, duh. I mean I'm here, and alive, aren't I?" I said, throwing the basketball up in the air once again and catching it before it could land on my face. 

"Don't be a smart ass." Justin intercepted the ball in mid air and threw it at me, causing me to roll off my bed, on to the floor. "I nearly had a heart attack when I couldn't find you."

"Awe Justin cawes about his wittle bwudda." I laughed, and sat back up on my bed.

"Shut the fuck up." He blushed, and sat on the chair at my desk. "So, meet any girls?"

My brain went back to Liv, and I felt the heat rush to my cheeks. She was one hell of a girl.

"Actually, yes." I smiled, letting the ball twirl on my finger. 

"Who was she?" Justin asked.

"Her name was Olivia... She's an incoming freshman." I smiled.

"Wait... Olivia? Does she have an older brother?" Justin was suddenly intrigued by the conversation.

I nodded. "She didn't mention a name though."

"Oh I know that motherfu- mothertrucker's name. Ben. I can't stand that kid! Ew I bet his sister is just as bad as him! Madison get out while you can, that whole family is annoying!" Justin groaned. 

I felt the anger erupt inside me. He couldn't talk about her like that. He had no idea who she was. Well, neither did I considering I just met her, but I had a really good feeling about her! And I actually liked her a lot.

Not wanting to start a fight with him, I just nodded. "Hey, I'm going to head to bed. If you could maybe, uh leave..."

Justin nodded, and high fived me on his way out. I laid back into my pillows, and let what happened tonight sink in. 

She was honestly the most amazing person I've ever met. No one has ever intrigued me as much as she did. I felt like I could sit and just listen to her talk for hours.

I quickly decided I needed to see her again as soon as possible. Not even seconds later, I had sent her a text:

Hey Liv, it's Madison. I had so much fun tonight, and would love if you'd join me tomorrow for breakfast, my treat!

She quickly replied, making me smile. Maybe she wanted to talk to me as much as I wanted to talk to her?

I have a pre sugery check up tomorrow at 8, but after that, breakfast sounds good! 

We worked out a few details, and had a small conversation before she fell asleep.

I set my phone next to me on my nightstand, and fell back into my pillows, a smile creeping on to my face. Is this what girls felt like when the guy they liked talked to them? I couldn't stop smiling. She was all I could think about. 

My eyelids started feeling heavier, and before I knew it, I fell asleep, Liv the last thing on my brain...