-Other Infomation-

Because the goth subculture stems from the punk subculture leftist politics are common and important, but not as important as they are in the punk subculture.

The scene was very sexually open. Women who had multiple sexual partners were not shamed, and polyamory relationships were often apart of the subculture.

People who are members of the lgbtq+ community, bdsm, and people with pagan beliefs were welcomed into the subculture.

i recommend watching "Of Herbs and Altars" on youtube about their experiences in the 2000s goth scene and a teenager. of course the scene has changed, but i'm finding that their experiences (not completely) are more common than you think. also, a lot of their content deals with their experiences with drug addiction, and an eating disorder

The goth subculture is one of the only subcultures not associated with drug use.

Research shows people in the subculture are refined, sensitive, like literature, and not big on drugs. Teens in the subculture often carry it into adult life and are well educated.

The subculture helps teens find a sense of belonging and identity.

Another study showed teens found the subculture to not be violent and would provide emotional and social support.

People in the subculture, along with other subculture, are often bullied or sometimes even assaulted for the way they look. Manchester police treats attacks like these as they would for ones because of someone's race, religion, or sexuality.