Fifteen

I walked through the camp, seeing the soldiers staring as I went straight for the tent in the middle of the camp.

"Is that the queen?!"

"She's awake?!"

"What is she doing here?!" I threw aside the flaps of the tent then everyone stared at me, but I glared at Delano.

"Delano!" He paled as I stomped towards him, making him step back some.

"Lylah-"

"I told you not to leave my side, didn't I?!" I growled and he forced a smile, putting his hands up.

"Look, I had-"

"You disobeyed a direct order from your queen, Captain Delano." I smirked and he cleared his throat.

"I want to speak with you in private, in your tent. Be there or I will replace you with a soldier worthy of the captain's seat who CAN obey." I said, though I didn't mean it. I turned and walked out, going to his tent and sighing as I pulled my cape off, laying it on his desk. A few moments later, Delano walked in and cleared his throat as he saw me.

"Lylah-" He stopped as I grabbed the front of his armor, yanking him down and kissing him. He grabbed my waist, holding me close and reciprocating the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck, feeling his arms around my waist, then he lifted me off the ground some and I ran my fingers through his hair, feeling my feet touch down again as he leaned forward. I broke the kiss, panting as he stared at me, also panting.

"Why-"

"Because I love you, Delano, and my mother told me her suspicions about your feelings." I said and he smiled.

"I love you, Lylah." He said and I grinned, kissing him again.

"Excuse- oh, uh, sorry." I looked at the entrance to the tent then saw General Troy there.

"I-I'm very sorry, your majesty-"

"What is it?" I asked, but he cleared his throat.

"We-we need to plan our next move." He said and I nodded.

"Go, we will be there." I said and he nodded.

"Troy." He looked at me then I smirked.

"Keep this quiet until we return to the palace." I said and he nodded, leaving the tent. I looked at Delano then smiled as I reached up, brushing my knuckles along his jaw.

"Don't die on me out there, okay?" I said and he nodded. We left his tent, my cape back on, but I made it seem like I had chewed him out and he played along as we got to the war tent. When we went in, everyone gave us a look, but Delano refused to meet anyone's gaze.

"Where is she?" I asked as I looked at the map, but Troy cleared his throat and pointed to the river where a little flag was.

"This is her camp, majesty. She has been there since before Captain Delano came with reinforcements-"

"I'll fight her. The reason she is here is because she believes I'm dead. If she thinks I am, she will be cocky, arrogant, she'll make mistakes." I said then looked at where we had placed our men.

"Just a second." I whispered and moved the black flags around, adjusting where our soldiers went.

"Are you sure about this, Queen Lylah?" I looked at General Lukas and nodded.

"I am. As all of you know, I am still healing, but this will ensure victory no-" I looked up as a soldier came in then he cleared his throat.

"Majesty, a messenger from the Sun Court-"

"Delano, you will go and take the message. Our plan hinges on them not knowing I am alive." I said and he looked at me then nodded.

"Yes, Moon Queen." He said and I noticed some people giving him the "Oh shit, he got scolded" look. I had to fight my smirk as he went to receive the message. When he came back, he came to my side and cleared his throat as he whispered to me.

"Luciana demands to see your body." He whispered and I looked at him.

"Tell her it is in Lunar City-"

"I did, she said she will wait until we return with it, Majesty. She demands she either see it, or I give myself over to her. If we do either of those, she will surrender." He said and I looked at the map.

"Dammit." I whispered then slammed my hands down on the table, rattling it and knocking over the figures we had.

"That fucking- GAH!" I swept my arm over the table, throwing things to the ground, then I huffed as I held the edge of the table, taking deep breaths as I closed my eyes.

"She knows I'm alive! She knows, and she knows Delano will sacrifice himself if I'm not!" I snarled then looked at the map that was still on the table, my hands glowing silver from my magic as Moon Queen.

"Lylah, what will we do?" Delano asked, but I glared at him and stood straight.

"That's 'Queen Lylah' to you, Captain!" I snarled and shoved past him, going to his tent to try and cool off. I tore off my cape, pacing the length of the tent.

"Lylah, stop-" I grabbed Delano's cheeks, pulling him down and kissing him. He immediately grabbed me and hugged me close, letting me do what I wanted to just cool my nerves.

~*-*~

I traced random designs into his chest, his arm around me as we laid in his bed inside his tent, then I sighed as I sat up and looked at him.

"What will we do, Delano?" I asked and he sighed.

"Well, first, we're going to get dressed before a soldier comes in here and spills to the entire camp." He said and I laughed as he brushed my hair back.

"Then, we will fight that woman and her army and we will win. We will let her people choose a new ruler, one who isn't a slut who likes to lie to her people and torture innocent animals." He said and I nodded, leaning down and kissing him.

"I love you, Delano." I whispered and he smiled, holding my cheek.

"I love you too, Lylah." He whispered, rubbing his nose along mine and making me smile.