Chapter 1: Introduction

I am Amber. I am Amber Miley Busch - Johnson - Leffler. As I write this I am just a few months away from adding Suarez to that list, well not adding, just making it my last name, after Leffler. Of course it is only Leffler right now. So, I'm Miley. That is how you all know me. Plain and simple. Tack on Johnson or Busch as you please.

People know me from being in the spot light, mainly from being a Country Singer and NASCAR driver and crew chief. Ever since high school people have tended to know my name. Somedays it is a good thing and some days it is not. But I am able to lead a pretty normal life. Which means I have the best fans in the world.

Most people know how I got where I am. I was adopted by Kurt and Kyle Busch. Kurt raised me and Kyle really did too, but in a different way. It wasn't easy, but I love them more than anything in the world.

Then when I was 13 Jimmie Johnson adopted me. I thought Kurt and Kyle hated me, but they ended up giving me a great Dad and eventually Mom. By the time I turned 20 I finally learned that Chad Knaus was my father. I still have no clue who my mother is, and after my Dad being right in front of my face, I really don't think I want to know.

Here is the thing about family, it is who you make it. A lot of people thought for the longest time that I didn't have a family. But as I said, family is who you make it, I have a big NASCAR family. We might not all like each other on track but off track, we're a huge family. I mean, honestly, does Clint Bowyer and Newman look like they could be two of my friends on the track? No, but I do anything for them when they need it. I'm always baby sitter when I'm free and they aren't. Plus, throwing down some beer's with Clint is a good time that you do not forget.

I know that you're probably hung up on the Leffler portion of my name. Let me explain, Jason and I were married. We were married for a year and a half, almost two. Not many people knew, it was kept pretty hush hush in the NASCAR community. We also have Charlie together. Charlie is my baby, I had him literally one month before I turned 18. But, don't think of Jason as a bad guy. He is not a bad guy. I understand why he can get a bad wrap, but he really didn't do anything wrong. That falls on me, and I hate that because of me to some people his name is 'tainted'. Jason did love me, and he would never do anything to hurt me. Try getting told that when your husband is laying on his death bed. Jason was my best friend, and when I was 17 I fell in love with him. He knew, neither of us planned for it to happen, it just did. It is how the universe wanted to it happen. He loved that I was a tomboy and was quick to let me tell him how his car needed to be. I was his crew chief for a stint, in the trucks and always on the dirt.  At the end of 2011 after finding myself, we got married. It all happened really quick. And now I miss him everyday.

If you are reading this you are here to learn something about me. God I hope that this isn't a school project for you. Maybe your parents wanted you to find your path, or you just need a little hope that you can go from a temporary home to a forever one. I am hoping in the process I can learn something about myself. I have issues, I have had a great life, but behind closed doors its a little different than how it appears. I have dealt with death, awful break ups, and some of the biggest disappointments you can deal with. Not to mention heath problems. So we will stop the clock and go back to the very start. Where did Amber come from? I went on a little bit of a mission to figure it out.

I learned when I was 16, Kurt knew and Jimmie knew. Jimmie thought that I knew. Kurt had my birth certificate when I went to get my drivers license. Kyle found out with me, Kurt said that he assumed that I knew. Which I cannot blame him. I was 9 years old. But everyone always called me Miley, I never knew any different. And the different places I was in and out of didn't care at all. Jason always called me Amber after he saw my license, he told me it captured my spirit better. As I write this, Daniel does not know. Now whenever I hear it, it just makes me miss Jason even more.

But I guess, here goes nothing. Here is my life, and my take aways from it. Jason, this one is for you baby, you always told me I would write a kick ass book. I love you.