Chapter 2

I got out of the car, my second place finish streak was to two in a row, which is my best in the cup series.

"Good work Miley!"

My birth dad, Chad, high fived me. We were finally getting along, well enough to where we didn't  kill each other week in and out.

My fiancé Daniel came jogging down, "Hermosa! You did amazing! I thought you were going to win!"

He kissed the side of my head, I smiled. The media started swarming me as my crew pushed my car away. I went through the motions, talking about how I really could've won if I had a few more laps.

When they walked away I put my hand on my stomach, "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm good Danny."

"Is she kicking?"

"Something."

Oh yeah, I am 8 months pregnant and successfully hiding it from the NASCAR world. My brothers know, my fiancé knows, my son knows, and my adopted Dad knows. That is all that is important right? I know I am perfectly safe in the cars, and Daniel agreed so we haven't told anyone.

"Hey Dad, I'm gonna be just a minute to the media center. Going to go to the hauler real quick and grab something to drink. Just need a minute after being in the car."

He nodded. Thank goodness I have anxiety and he understands that sometimes I just need a minute.  Daniel took my hand and we walked to my hauler. The team hadn't started loading stuff up yet. We walked into the lounge and I sat down. Daniel handed me a Gatorade.

I had the weird cramp again, I put my hand on my lower stomach.

"Miley?"

I looked at Daniel, "I'm ok really. This happened with Charlie."

He looked concerned. That's when I felt it. My water broke.

"Oh shit. Daniel. Daniel. Get Dad, or Kurt or Kyle or someone. Get Charlie he has my phone."

He looked alarmed, "Why? Whats going on?"

"You're gonna be a Dad."

"We have know that now for months-"

"Right now Daniel. Like today. Get Charlie. Find someone and tell them media center is out of the question."

He nodded and went running. I took off my race suit and put on a sponsor shirt and yogas. I was so not ready for this. She wasn't supposed to come until after Homestead.

"Miles?"

"Daddy!"

I opened the door and Jimmie walked in, "Daddy, we gotta go."

"Charlie is in the car and so is Chandra. Kurt and Kyle was texted and the media center said it's ok."

"What did you tell them!!!"

"That you are under the weather, tough day in the car, took it out of you. Obviously."

I rolled my eyes. Dad helped me get into the car, Daniel hopped in.

Chandra said, "How are you feeling?"

"Mad I didn't win."

She laughed, "No, not about that!"

"So far, easier than Charlie."

Charlie leaned forward and put his hand on my shoulder, "You almost won today Mom, next week you will get them."

Daniel didn't miss a beat, "Aye aye aye aye, no. No racing next week."

"Daniel. Let's not worry about that right now please. Daddy, for the love of everything drive faster."