Chapter 1- Dragneel Brothers

Third Person POV

"NATSU, DAMMIT!"

Zeref stomped his way of out his room. A burned, hole-filled shirt, was being held on to tightly in his hand.

Not just any shirt. HIS ULTIMATE TACO TUESDAY SHIRT. Or at least, that's what he called it.

Natsu looked back. He was in uniform and about to head out the door. He gave Zeref a questioning eyebrow, acting innocent.

"Yes?" Natsu smiled.

"Mind telling me why the hell my ultimate taco Tuesday shirt it ruined?! Bitch! I got this for 3 dollars! AT A BASEBALL GAME. It's the only thing that keeps me going in this awful boring world. Apart from you of course, but THAT'S NOT THE POINT." Zeref whined.

Just your typical, 24 and 20 year old, Dragneel brothers. They were both part of the Fairy Tail Police Department, F.T.P.D.

Their mother passed away when they were young. Igneel, their father, never married again so raising these idiots was far from easy. But then, he just left. Zeref began to take care of Natsu.

"Mmm...seems like it's a burnt taco now." Natsu snickered, pointed at the burnt taco logo.

"WHY?!" Zeref asked.

"Why?! Because you went and took the mission I WANTED to do." Natsu replied.

Zeref gasped and placed a hand over his heart in disbelief.

"That did not, however, call for such drastic measures, Natsu." Zeref

Natsu laughed and headed out the door.

"See ya!" He called back.

•○•AT F.T.P.D •○•

"Where's Natsu?!" Makarov said as he walked around the place.

"Sir, he hasn't arrived yet." Mira answered.

Makarov tsk'd as he tapped his foot.

"Is something wrong?" Gray asked.

"I have to discuss some matters with that brat. Oh and...Gray, son, put some clothes on..." Makarov sweat dropped.

"Juvia likes what she sees!" Juvia said with dreamy eyes.

Everyone laughed but shut back up as the doors opened to reveal the Dragneel brothers.

"Shut up." Natsu mumbled to Zeref.

"Make me." Zeref shot back.

"GAH! WOULD YOU QUIT ACTING LIKE A CHILD!" Natsu yelled

"BOYS!"

The two turned to see a scarlet haired woman. Her police uniform tight on her curves.

"E-Erza, I'm sorry!" Natsu stuttered, waving his hands in front of him, fearing for his life.

Zeref was not fazed at all. He didn't fear Erza not one bit.

"Idiot. Scared of Erza." Zeref teased.

"I suggest you start acting like the police officer you are."

Zeref turned around. Mavis. We all knew he was whipped for her and so was she. Everyone felt the urge to just slam their faces together so they would kiss but...these two just wouldn't admit thier feelings.

"Shut up, M-Mavis." Zeref said, turning his back on her as the two started bickering with each other.

"So how come you aren't wearing your ultimate taco Tuesday shirt?" Gajeel asked.

"Because...SOMEONE decided to burn it. It's cool. I have no reason to live anymore in this cruel world." Zeref pouted and went back to arguing with Mavis.

"Drama queen." Natsu said.

"Shithead, Gramps is wanting to speak with you." Gray said.

"Shut up Ice princess." Natsu shot back.

"Natsu, and you too Zeref." Makarov said, coming out of his office again and motioning for them to come.

"Hey wait! Where's Happy?" Natsu asked to no one in particular.

"He went with the other exceeds to take Asuka to school." Bisca answered.

Natsu nodded and dragged Zeref away from Mavis and into Makarov's office.

"What is it, Gramps?" Natsu asked.

"Makarov?" Zeref questioned too.

"Just wanted to ask you if you could patrol the streets tonight, both of you. "

"Why?" Zeref asked.

"Turn the news on..." Makarov sighed as he drank from his "coffee."

Zeref went from channel to channel until Makarov told him to stop.

"Exactly. Now moving on to our most important topic of the day, Silence. Reporting live from Magnolia, tell us, what is going on behind you, Wendy?"

"Haven't seen her in years! Glad she's working as her dream job now." Zeref chuckled.

"Good morning, Wendy Marvell here. Behind me we have the recent murder from Silence. As many of you already now, he or she comes 2nd in the most wanted list. It's not much of a surprise when no traces were left behind, not even a single hair."

"So Wendy, what exactly is the city's police department doing?"

"Mr. Conbolt, there have been no news on what they are going to do."

"Wendy! But of course we are gonna do something! That'll be me!"

Makarov spit his drink and Zeref's jaw dropped to the floor.

Behind Wendy, Natsu popped out.

"WHEN DID HE EVEN LEAVE?!" Makarov said, looking around the room and back to the TV.

"IDIOT!" Zeref hissed.

"Oh my gosh! Hello!" Wendy smiled as she bowed.

"Typical Natsu am I right?" Mr. Conbolt said as he chuckled with his camera crew.

Natsu did things like these, VERY often. He was care free but he was, believe it or not, serious about his job.

"Long time no see. Anyway, yeah. I'll be taking on, on this one. Also, special message to my brother Zeref." Natsu smiled.

Natsu laughed as he dragged his eye down with one finger, sticked his tounge out, and formed an 'L' with his other hand across his forhead.

"Loser!" Natsu laughed.

"That brat...guess we can't do anything now." Makarov sighed.

Zeref just rolled his eyes at the TV but managed to crack a small smile.

"What a lovely little bother, eh?" He chuckled.