Chapter 3:

As I start to come to, all the pain from the earlier assault came rushing back. Giving into the pain I gave out a husky groan. As if on cue, the familier beautiful voice speaks up "Are you feeling better? Where do you hurt?" I try to sit up, but the instant I barely start moving up a shock of pain waved through my body. With that I let out a loder groan "Ugh!" As soon as I got flat on my back once again, I found myself looking up to that beautiful face. He looked at me with sadden eyes and said "I guess everywhere. Sorry I didn't find you sooner." I give out a half laugh, half sigh "It's ok. I've been harssed by them before. It's just never went this far." As I explain more of the story, I see the concern bloom more in his eyes. When I finally brought the story to a close he asked "Why the hell did you let it go on for so long?"

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 I blinked trying to take in what he just said. I asked "What?"

He repiled "I know that you were feeling down after losing your friends, but why would you just take the abuse?"

 I lay there stunned. Never has anyone told me I could choose to stand up for myself. I stuttered "W-well I-I didn't...I-I mean I.."

 I struggled to find the words. His stern look softened into a calming understanding look. He came up and gently warped his arms around my aching body. As if it was magic, my pain just flew away. I start to sit up but only to find this boy say "You need to rest. By the way my name's Kurt. Kurt Portter."

"Kurt Portter." I echoed. Kurt gave out a little snicker "Yeah. So what's your name?" It took me a bit to register what I've been asked. Something about his name was familier. "Oh...um.. Kyle James." His calming expression turned into a delighful surprise "Kyle James? Your dad's Rodger James right?" I nodded in agreement and asked "How do you know my dad?"

He said "My mom's dating him."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

 My mouth dropped. Kurt Portter was the son of my dad's girlfriend, Makenize Portter. I just couldn't believe it. Kurt chuckled "Hard to believe huh?" I just nod in astonishment. He continues "Well I think you should get some sleep. I'll stay here until you wake up, okay?" I mutter "Okay." But I didn't want to sleep. All I wanted to do is to just talk to Kurt some more. But I did what I was told and found myself drifting to sleep, thinking 'I knew something would happen today.'