Miraculous Lemonade (Song Fic)

I love the movie Lemonade Mouth and thought that the favoritism shown to the athletes over everyone else in the movie was similar to the favoritism shown to those with high-ranking parents in Miraculous Ladybug. So, an idea instantly formed in my mind.

*****

Adrien sat in the park outside of the Dupain-Cheng Bakery, eating with his two friends from Greece, Lyon and Vallia Garden. The two were doing an exchange program that helped students from other countries experience other cultures. They spoke fluent French, so they came to Paris. Adrien met them years ago when his family went to a charity fashion show that was held at the animal and nature sanctuary that Lyon and Vallia's family owned.

The three may be a "little" annoyed with what had just happened at school. Lila "Liar" Rossi had framed Marinette for cheating, assault, and theft. Adrien made, what he called, a "deal with the devil" to get Marinette back in school. But it seemed that after her first few days back, Marinette's parents decided it was better for her to go to an arts school instead of Dupont.

What infuriated the trio the most was that the school made no effort to investigate any of Lila's accusations. There was no checking the security footage, no dusting for fingerprints, not even any hearing of Marinette's side of the story. They simply took Lila at her word and some easily framed evidence to expel the best student at Dupont. It made them all furious.

"You know the favoritism shown at your school is appalling, right," Vallia raised an eyebrow as she looked at her friend.

Adrien sighed. "I know, I know. But what could I do about it? I'm the son of a fashion designer, not a politician like Chloe."

"That brat's a part of the problem, anyway," Lyon scoffed. "The entire school was punished and she is the only one that gets out of it? I've seen less corrupt politicians in Gotham, and that says something."

"I know people criticize me for being Chloe's friend, but would you two give up a friend that you've had since you were a kid," Adrien asked them.

"Honestly, no," Vallia said. "We get how you feel, Adrien, but one day Chloe will do something unforgivable and you will have to choose between her and your other friends."

"I think I chose a while ago but just didn't want to admit it," Adrien says. "Chloe had her chance to be a better person when she was Queen Bee. But even after getting to be a hero, she still got her father, Sabrina, and Aurore akumatized."

"Is there anyone she hasn't akumatized," Lyon crossed his arms.

"Out of all our class, only Marinette and I have not been akumatized," Adrien says. "And for everyone that has, only Max, Nino, and Lila were not akumatized by her."

"Well, Lila being akumatized was probably her own fault anyway," Lyon shrugged. "She lies with every breath she takes and one of them probably bit her in the butt at one time or another."

"Oh, I didn't tell you guys yet, have I," Adrien thought he had told them already.

"Told us what," Vallia asked.

"You two were not here when she had her real first day," Adrien tells them. "Lila lied on Alya's blog about being Ladybug's best friend. She had met me after school and tried to lie about not only being the descendant of a hero but also being the holder of the fox miraculous."

"Seriously," Lyon raised an eyebrow. "She was actually that stupid? Why not just put up a giant light-up sign that says 'Hawkmoth, come and attack me,' with her address written in neon."

"If she hasn't been targeted, Hawkmoth probably knows that she's a liar," Vallia said.

Adrien nodded. "During our conversation, Ladybug herself showed up. She probably saw Lila's interview because she immediately called Lila out for her lies. Ladybug obviously hates liars as much as Marinette. Lila ran away and the next thing I know, she is breaking into my house while akumatized as Volpina and once again claiming to be a hero."