11 || Quiet Stares, Clothes Shopping

" 💧︎⚐︎💣︎☜︎❄︎✋︎💣︎☜︎💧︎ ❄︎☟︎☜︎ 💣︎⚐︎💧︎❄︎ 💣︎🕆︎☠︎👎︎✌︎☠︎☜︎ ❄︎☟︎✋︎☠︎☝︎💧︎ ✌︎☼︎☜︎ 🕈︎☟︎✌︎❄︎ 🕈︎☜︎ ☼︎☜︎💣︎☜︎💣︎👌︎☜︎☼︎ 💣︎⚐︎💧︎❄︎ ☞︎⚐︎☠︎👎︎☹︎✡︎

" 💧︎⚐︎💣︎☜︎❄︎✋︎💣︎☜︎💧︎ ❄︎☟︎☜︎ 💣︎⚐︎💧︎❄︎ 💣︎🕆︎☠︎👎︎✌︎☠︎☜︎ ❄︎☟︎✋︎☠︎☝︎💧︎ ✌︎☼︎☜︎ 🕈︎☟︎✌︎❄︎ 🕈︎☜︎ ☼︎☜︎💣︎☜︎💣︎👌︎☜︎☼︎ 💣︎⚐︎💧︎❄︎ ☞︎⚐︎☠︎👎︎☹︎✡︎. "

That night, it wasn't just you who had fear creep up and pounce on them in the dead of night. Sans suffered from the same terrible nightmare he'd usually had, and decided to handle it the way he always did. Teleporting downstairs, making himself a cup of Golden Flower tea, and sobbing silently to himself in the dimly lit kitchen. Sometimes if it's worse than normal, then he'd make his way to the most lit patch of echo flowers in Waterfall and sit there amongst the cave crystals until he felt better. He'd only consult his father if the night terror was bad enough that he could hardly breathe. He knew how busy the Royal Scientist could be and how important it was for him to sleep. Despite that he was only a child, he was always overly observant and considerate to those he cared for.

He just didn't expect to see you there with the same terrified expression he'd see in the mirror on those horrifying nights. It caused his own panic to stop short. At first, he had the bubbling emotions of embarrassment and humiliation, but it didn't get to surface when he saw that you'd been going through the same thing.

So making a spur of a moment decision, he made you a cup of tea, and brought you to Waterfall. He couldn't comfort you. He didn't really know how, even if he felt obligated to, but he wasn't going to just let you suffer. Although he might not trust or like you, he wasn't cruel.

The both of you acted like nothing had happened after that night. Sure, there was a lot less hateful and hostile glares after, but neither of you went out of your way to make friends with each other either. Not to mention that you talked even less to each other. You completely avoided contact unless necessary, and Papyrus and Grillby really couldn't tell if things were worsening or improving.

Papyrus was continuously bugging you to play with him or help him with his homework for the rest of the week or asking questions as to why you didn't like Sans. You didn't mind really, except for the Sans part. You always went silent when he started talking about his brother, but his talks and puzzles gave you something to do instead of sit on the couch and be bored for hours on end as you waited for them to do their homework before doing something exciting or making dinner.

Grillby's company was a little more comforting. Maybe it was because like his mother, he was a very good listener, and always knew what questions to ask that were neither too invasive, nor boring. Your contact with him was a lot less than that of the other monsters you knew, and was only just barely larger than Gaster's, but you learned to like his company. Besides he always asked you and the other two skeleton brothers to try his newest attempts at making fries all the time. Very rarely did they taste bad.