X

————————————————𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟮𝟴𝘁𝗵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬𝗦𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟭:𝟬𝟬 𝗽

————————————————
𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟮𝟴𝘁𝗵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬
𝗦𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟭:𝟬𝟬 𝗽.𝗺.
𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻𝘀, 🅽🅴🆆 🆈🅾︎🆁🅺

~𝙵 𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚏𝚏 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛! {𝑆𝑝𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑏𝑜𝑏}~
————————————————

"Ight, so wassup? What's been goin' on in dat head of yours since we last spoke?" Semaj asked as he flopped down on the couch in his apartment after letting Kel in. They were supposed to be hanging out with one another since they hadn't in awhile and it was something that occurred often, but they always made time for one another whenever, just to let the other know they were still walking the earth, healthy and happy.

"Chillin', nun much." Kel kept it simple, leaning back on the couch tuning into whatever was playing on the tv. He was a little upset about something but didn't know how to deal with it at the moment.

Semaj looked him over, furrowing his eyebrows. If he didn't know Kel any better than he knew himself, he would've just brushed off the frown on his face, constant fidgeting and low energy as nothing, but he did know Kel ,better than himself actually, so he addressed it.

"Talk ta' me man." Semaj sighed. It was silent for a few seconds before Kel blew out a breath, feeling the heat of his best friends eyes burning through him.

"My mama outta jail." Kel said with furrowed eyebrows. Since the news, he hadn't spoken on it nor acknowledged it. He never thought the day would come, but it was here in all its glory and for some reason he was upset. Maybe even angry but he didn't know what for.

Kel briefly looked at Semaj to see he supported a blank expression. If it weren't clear already, Kel and Semaj grew up together in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Since the age of 7 when their parents basically forced them to hang out with one another when Semaj and his mom moved in next door. The two hated each other for the simple fact they acted so much alike. Stubborn, childish but also competitive. They always felt the need to beat one another in anything and everything. Eventually that hate turned into unconditional brotherly love.

They spent years growing into their brother bond and it saddened Semaj and Nora, his mom, to find out what was happening in their home after the incident. The boys were only 1 year and a half into their friendship when the situation occurred that landed Iona, Ezekiel and Antonio's mom in jail.

Semaj didn't know how to respond. How could one give solace to their friend who's mom was released from jail for homicide.

"Damn, Kel...I'on really know what ta' say man." Semaj rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. Kel bitterly chuckled because the day his grandmother called to give him the news, he had no words either.