Chapter 1

A/N: I'm writing this for funsies! All the good (sexy) stuff is coming in the next couple of chapters, so stay tuned. Please only read if you're of age!!!

First couple of chapters are kinda slow
because of important background stuff but things start getting spicy soon ;)

Chapter 1: A Villain Origin Story

If you had asked me a year ago what I would be doing now, I would have never had guessed filming a podcast with my childhood best friend. After graduating from college six months ago, I hoped to secure a job at a big corporation in Atlanta. And I did after a couple of grueling months of job searching. I thought I would love the corporate life. TV shows romanticized the high-rise buildings, high heels, and coffee breaks. But it is nothing like what you see on TV.

Sitting in a cubicle for nine hours a day just to work for a company that didn't give a shit about me was awful. My boss was creepy, and my coworkers were so boring. I desperately wanted to do something else, anything else. My life had become an awful routine of just going to work, coming home, and then going to work the next day. That was until I ran into Jace.

"This is a good piece of advice for all my lady Hotties out there. Well, I guess it could work for men too," Jace spoke into the microphone with a serious tone. "If a boy breaks your heart, the best way to get back at him is to hook up with his best friend."

"Actually, I disagree," I replied into my mic. "Hooking up with his best friend will hurt him, but what's even better is hooking up with the person he hates the most."

Jace, and his twin sister Delilah, were my two childhood best friends. Our parents were family friends, so we grew up together. We were basically inseparable until my mother decided to move us from Southern California to Georgia right before I started high school. I was so heartbroken and mad that I didn't even talk to my mom for months after we had moved.

We tried to keep in touch with each other; but after a couple of years, our contact dwindled down to the point where we would only text each on our birthdays or holidays. I moved on with my life, but it felt like some part of me was missing. That was until I saw Jace and his father meeting with my boss after I had I got back from my lunch break at work one day.

It had been almost eight years since I last saw him, but I still recognized him immediately. He was quite taller, almost too tall, and he had grown into the lanky body he had as a kid. His golden blonde hair was neatly styled in a fringe, and he was nicely dressed in a form-fitting suit. He was cute as a kid, but he was even more handsome as a young adult.

I waited until they were leaving before I tried to get their attention. "Jace?" I called out. Both his father and him turned around to look at me. I could see that Jace instantly recognized me. He gave me a wide grin and immediately ran over to my desk to hug me.

That evening, me and his family had dinner at their brand-new mansion they had just bought a couple of weeks prior. His father, Thomas, owned Phoenix Records, a majorly successful recording studio in Los Angeles. He had recently moved to Georgia to open up a headquarters in Atlanta. Jace moved with him to help with the startup, and Delilah, or Del as she likes to go by, followed because she was forced to. Even though it had been years since we had last seen each other, it was like nothing had changed.

Two months later, Jace and I were sitting on the living room floor of our apartment, giving dating advice into the cheap microphones we got off Amazon. Del, Jace, and I decided to move in together about a month ago. They wanted privacy from their parents and I just wanted to live in a nicer place.

"Hmm, that's a good point. But what's even better is hooking up with his dad."

I gasped. "Yes! Fuck his dad and become his stepmom! The ultimate revenge."