6. the pain i cause her.

I watch her as she descends up the staircase again, her hands still slightly trembling on her sides

I watch her as she descends up the staircase again, her hands still slightly trembling on her sides. I just want to grab them and hold them tight in my embrace as I kiss her. It'll take time for her to get used to him being here — to them being here. Perhaps even for her to sleep without worrying. I will have to do everything I can to assure her they're not a danger to us. No matter how much he looks like Lorenzo.

She turns around the staircase railing, shutting our bedroom door shut after her. I let out a deep sigh, running my hands up and down my face stressed. Goodness... she took this much better than I imagined she would. But if I know her well enough she's upstairs overthinking now. I can't really blame her though. I'd freak out too.

I turn and glance at Leonardo standing in the living room. I understand her reaction. They are similar I guess. I don't see it. But I grew up with both of them, it's an obvious difference to me. Although if I saw someone looking practically identical to Erik, besides the eye color and some tiny features, I sure as hell would also act up. I might've even gone as far as killing them before they got the chance to speak.

My hatred for my cousin is greater than anything living on this earth. Lorenzo would've taken the spot if he were alive.

But he isn't. Your girlfriend upstairs killed her. And you haven't been showing her affection for a month. My subconscious scolds me.

I let out an annoyed sigh, turning towards the living room. I walk with determined steps, wishing for this group of imbeciles to open their trash cans for mouths and let me know why they're here already. If it weren't for the fact that my little sister is out of the radar I would've shoved each of their feet into each other's mouths for crashing our house. They better have a good plan. Or at least the start of one.

"You should be happy she didn't pull a gun on you. She stabbed him right between the eyes! After he dislocated her shoulder and busted her lip may I add. You could've ended up on your ass if you didn't approach it as carefully as you did." Jackson chuckles from where he sits. I nod my head in agreement, glancing over at the main intruder. He looks at me carefully, those green hazel eyes penetrating my own, trying to analyze me just like Jackson does. They're the only two people who can successfully pry into my head without my consent. I hate it.

"I am grateful. I'm glad you were there as well, cucciolo, otherwise she'd probably fainted again." He speaks as he continues to inspect me, the corner of his mouth tilting upwards as he uses the old nickname. His annoying dimple makes an indent in his face, right where I wish to place my raging fist if he calls me that again. I chuckle sadistically, shaking my head. I wish she'd uppercut him. Then I wouldn't feel the same intense urge to do it myself.

"Ironic," Jackson mutters under his breath. I turn my head towards my brother as I sit down on the couch next to him. I run my hands up and down my legs stressed as I spread them apart, trying to get as comfortable as possible. My eyebrow cocks at him as I urge him to continue. He grins at me. "That he still calls you that endearment when you call Braelyn Kitten. I knew you always secretly looked up to Leonardo."