chapter 1

Spring of 2025, a spring no one knew of what would happen. People saw only that it would be a normal spring in the calm world of maplespire. But for some, it was the weirdest, most entertaining spring of them all. It all began in the town of Moon Bloom Meadow in 2009 with a humble man named Matt.
~~~
"Daddy!!" A little girl ran into the mans arms embracing him."Hello Eve, " he held his 7 year old daughter tightly. He holds her, walking over to his wife Angelica, kissing her on the forehead. "Hello darling," he says, putting Eve down as she runs to play. "Hello Matt, how was work?" Angelica slowly puts down the oven mitts on the counter and looks to him. "It was well, in the mines as usual, my love" he says, and she sighs. "You never do a mans job, Matt." he stares blankly at her, her blue eyes burning into his soul. "What would you call a mans job, Angelica?" he has a slight anger in his voice. She stares for a moment and looks back to her cooking, avoiding eye contact "war." The room fills with silence as she walks and grabs a paper with a war application on it, handing him a pen. "If you work in war, I will see you as a man" she says, staring at him, and he stares at the paper. He takes a moment and signs it immediately, and she takes the paper to a different room. He has the urge to cry but stays strong, for he was a man. He hears rustling and turns quickly seeing his 10 year old son Johnny standing in the door frame. "What was that about dad?" He says, and Matt sighs."You're old enough to understand son arent you?" He asks. "Yes Pa I am, I promise" He says, smiling. "I am leaving for a long time, son." His sons smile fades, and he looks confused. "Where are you going, pa?" He asks, and Matt sighs."You are too young. Your mother will explain when you are older now go have fun". The boy runs back to his room, listening to his fathers orders the tip tap of each stair as he runs up them echo through Matt's ears. "Here you leave tommorow" Angelica slides the paper to him, and the next morrow comes as quickly as possible. He stands in front of the car and kisses his wife "Mommy where is Daddy going?" the little girl asks in her mother's arms. No one answers the girl as Matt kisses her and then hugs his son, kneeling on one knee. "I need you to know that I love you forever okay, I may be an old 34 year old but believe me I will always love you" he steps in the car and watches his family lessing as the car continues. He proved he was a man he really did because after 15 years he hadn't heard from anyone in 13. He finished his time in war and finally could go home. He got in his car and drove down the roads he so deeply remembered pulling into Moon Bloom meadow.