20th day - Hangover and hospital

"Roses are red
Violets are blue
Sugar is sweet
So do you "

"Wow! Very poetic. Where did you learn? In borders of Czechoslovakia? "Kriya threw the phone back to my bed and clapped at the top of my head.
This is a silly habit we are practising from childhood. Whenever any one of us want to rile the other we clap above the centre of their head.

This habit pisses me the most.

" Stop it. You should be honoured that I didn't pull my trigger at your head for annoying me"

" Oh, the little captain did that annoy you huh? You will be doomed for attacking a civilian" Kriya patted my head.

"Come on Aarav it is for a dating profile not for a school competition. Be unique and be you "

"What was that pep talk for? "

" Do you need a girlfriend or not? " Kriya asked.

"I need love not a girl to fling during these remaining twenty days"

" So what do you think I am trying to?" Kriya asked.

"I don't know, How about any matrimonial site? " I am clueless and so as desperate.

"So you wanna get married? " Kriya walked towards me with an eyebrow raised.

"No, I didn't mean marriage. I cannot marry a girl who will know nothing about me and the dangers of my job" I was interrupted.

"Woah Woah! I am going to stop you there. Save your soul talks to your future wife. Let me just create a profile and I have a life to live for" Kriya took good five minutes and did my profile and handed over me pictures of girls and taught me what those right and left swipe will do.

She is gone. She is indeed gone when I kept my phone back on the table after looking through various profiles and few swipes.

This technology is surreal. How the hell people come up with these applications?

The dinner table was filled with laughter and teasing about my childhood embarrassments. I was babbling about camp and border funny stories as I was two bottles drunk.

I remember my father dragging me upstairs and I am pretty sure I was mocking someone not sure who.

My phone quacked in my nightstand during midnight as it whelmed with notifications. Somewhere photos of my friends and message from teammate informing to meet him tomorrow. And there was finally one message from the dating app.

I am not sure about excitement, I was having one hell of a headache. Rummaging through my cupboard and chiffonier, I couldn't get hands-on my medicine. My head was experiencing throbbing pain, this is worse than the camp hangovers.

Slowly stumbling my way I walked down looking for a hot pack or any medicine that could ease the pain.

My phone beeped again with a notification.

I was about swipe when the light flashed from Kriya's room and her door creaked as she ran into my parent's room with someone on the call.

"Kriya? What happened? " I asked her as she was in a haste. I walked after her to my parents' room.

There was my father profusely sweating, breathing heavily lying holding his chest.
My mother was sitting beside trying to give him water and medicine which he was refusing to have.

"What happened? Let's take him to the hospital" I spoke as I sat near him.

"I called the ambulance, they will be here now" Kriya informed us.