Chapter 1 - The Clock

It was a world of complete darkness the only source of the light came from the clock. It was almost like the world was made to mock them, to show them that they were only temporary. At least that's what Mark and Ethan wanted, something to symbolize death to show their viewers that life itself was temporary. They made the channel Unus Annus but what they didn't know is that they made more then just a channel, they made two men who shared their faces but not their lives. Annus the light side and Unus the dark, one year, neither could see themselves without the other. So where would they go? What was gonna happen to them? They didn't know but the clock would countdown regardless...It would never stop counting to the end.

365:00:00:00

" One year? That's all we get?" The pale skinned male mumbles looking to the clock above them, fidgeting with his dark tuxedo sleeve he turned to look at his counterpart. "It'll be enough time. We'll make it enough time." "How can you be so sure?!" Unus's brown hair flipped the wrong way from how quickly he looked back up at the clock.

364:23:54:30

"Because we're gonna do it together Unus. Besides who knows what this year will hold?" Annus's words seemed to do the trick as Unus took a breath and fixed his hair. "You're right, an adventure a day doesn't sound bad at all."

Annus's POV
We couldn't have known how wrong we were back then. We thought the channel was about us, but no it was all about Mark and Ethan. They used us for dramatics and had all the fun they wanted while Unus and I were stuck in this forsaken void! We tried to ask for help, sending messages to the viewers but no one answered our pleas.

000:00:03:30

"...It wasn't enough time Annus..." 'Unus.' My thoughts and heart seemed to stop at the sight of his tear streaked face. "It wasn't even close. Why did they make us if the year wasn't even about us?!" He gripped his chestnut hair and yelled in frustration and grief. "Unus! Stop hurting yourself!" Griping my friends wrists, I gently pulled them away from his now messed up hair. "It's not fair! I know it's not, but are we really gonna waste these last minutes screaming at each other?" I kept my tears at bay, 'If I start crying then it'll only upset Unus further.' "Look at me." My voice was soft, "Unus please." When he finally brought his gaze from his shoes to my eyes I could barely breathe. Now up close I could see how badly he had been crying, his pure black eyes slightly red with puffy cheeks, dried tears replaced by fresh ones almost immediately, and even a trail of snot dripping from his nose. "Unus..." Pulling a handkerchief from my breast pocket I wiped his tears away even though more replaced them. "Blow your nose, you don't wanna get snot in your mouth." I tried to joke but it sounded firmer then I wanted and even slightly bitter. Taking my handkerchief he fixed himself up best he could though choking back a sob.

000:00:01:13

Nobodies POV

"Annus I'm scared, what happens to us now? I-I'm not ready to die...I-I'm not ready to lose you!" Unus was starting to panic again so Annus did the only thing he could think of at this point, he yanked Unus into his arms and held him close. "I know Unus, but no matter what happens at this point I am NOT leaving you. If we go, we go together." The void around them began to tremble as the clock hit 60 seconds.

000:00:00:50

The sound of cracking glass filled the air as white lines ripped across the ground, they moved at lightning fast speeds spiderwebbing outward.

000:00:00:40

Chunks of the slightly reflective ground dropped out of view leaving large gaps glowing a bright white. "It was so good to k-know you Annus." Unus held Annus tighter as fresh tears pored down his face.

000:00:00:30

"Yeah, even when you were a pain you were still my best friend." At this point Annus couldn't stop the tears as they built up in his pure white eyes more then grateful that Unus couldn't see his composure break as the small male hid his face against his neck.

000:00:00:20

The ground beneath them gave way sending them into a free fall with only the sound of their shallow breathing and the wind rushing past them to fill the space. "T-this is it Annus." "Seems so Unus."

000:00:00:10

The grip they had on each other only tightened as the clock ticked loudly, louder then it ever had before.

000:00:00:09 Tick
000:00:0008 Tock
000:00:00:07 Tick
000:00:00:06 Tock

"No mater what I'm not letting go"  Unus held onto the back of the pure white tux with his eyes closed tightly, to afraid to see the end. "Neither am I" As the final ticks of the clock sounded both men shared a single thought.

'We're not ready for it to end!'

000:00:00:00